Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a permission to hunt an old Reno property that's been vacant since 1902. Unfortunately, the equipment and dirt removal began a week ago.
Didn't find much, but got away with these two tokens, some kind of reeds(?), a pocket watch back, a compact back, a Disston saw handle t-screw, and a brass cap from an old u-joint.
IMG_5313.jpeg
IMG_5314.jpeg

The cigar tokens are listed as R-9 in the Nevada token book, so pretty rare I guess, with four previously known examples.
IMG_5307.jpeg
IMG_5308.jpeg

It's a real shame I couldn't get in there before the top layer of dirt was removed, but nice to come away with something cool nevertheless.
If anybody recognizes those reeds, or whatever, I'd be happy to be enlightened. :happy3:
IMG_5304.jpeg

Upvote 22
Got a permission to hunt an old Reno property that's been vacant since 1902. Unfortunately, the equipment and dirt removal began a week ago.
Didn't find much, but got away with these two tokens, some kind of reeds(?), a pocket watch back, a compact back, a Disston saw handle t-screw, and a brass cap from an old u-joint.
View attachment 2089815View attachment 2089816

The cigar tokens are listed as R-9 in the Nevada token book, so pretty rare I guess, with four previously known examples.
View attachment 2089817View attachment 2089818

It's a real shame I couldn't get in there before the top layer of dirt was removed, but nice to come away with something cool nevertheless.
If anybody recognizes those reeds, or whatever, I'd be happy to be enlightened. :happy3:
View attachment 2089819
Congrats on the rare tokens. They are always a joy to find & research. Ask a worker at the site where top layer of dirt was taken & dumped. Then go detect them if allowed.

View attachment 2089819
Very cool finds. Tokens are always a welcomed recovery. Congratulations

Well done on saving what you did.
Cool tokens.👍
Follow the dirt, it might be just dumped as fill in a pile.

Those trade tokens are sweet finds. I much prefer finding those over old coins. Your unknown items are reeds for a pump organ type musical instrument.
Thanks, I also love finding tokens, and thanks for the ID on the reeds!
Congrats on the rare tokens. They are always a joy to find & research. Ask a worker at the site where top layer of dirt was taken & dumped. Then go detect them if allowed.
Thanks, I agree.
Unfortunately, the dirt was taken to a commercial construction site and entry is verboden.

View attachment 2089819
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back