Old ring and horsemanship plate

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Beach hunt in San Diego yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours. My third target was this old-looking ring that appears to have an amber stone. The underside has an "895" mark, as well as "T11" and another ornate mark you can see in the photo. I also found a brass(?) plate that has a barely readable engraving that reads "Round Robin 1962 Shawn 8 Blue Angel V.F.P. 62 Round Robin Western Horsemanship" I'll be researching that one! Also found a sterling fish ring and a sterling medical bracelet that has the name and disease ("Diabetes") of the owner on the back. Didn't want to show that side of the bracelet for medical confidentiality reasons! I also found a big (7" x 2.5") metal ladle or spoon that seems to have some age to it. I'm not familiar with this particular beach year-round, but it looks like a lot of erosion has occurred there this winter.

Attachments

• Ring 19 - 1.jpg
    Ring 19 - 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 308
  • Ring 19 - 2.jpg
    Ring 19 - 2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Ring 20.jpg
    Ring 20.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 310
  • Round Robin 1962 Shawn 8 Blue Angel V.F.P. 62 Round Robin Western Horsemanship.jpg
    Round Robin 1962 Shawn 8 Blue Angel V.F.P. 62 Round Robin Western Horsemanship.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 300
  • Medical Bracelet.jpg
    Medical Bracelet.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 298
  • Big Spoon.jpg
    Big Spoon.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Ring. Good for you.

Jim

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I found a ring similar to your fish ring. It's a Christian symbol ring.

The older Amber ring with the 895 mark you can interpret at my website. Go to http://beachgold.net and go to the Metal Detecting page. There you will find the various numbers regarding the amount of gold in your ring.

If you've found class rings that you want to return, I have information on that as well.

Happy Hunting!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread