Old sayings

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Maybe you are a codger? Or a character. It seems yoy went to Catholic school when it meant sonething. You are virtually a Navy Seal surviving that :)

i can honestly say i truly feel like a veteran. and that on top of all the a.d's i took.................sheesh !

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
how do i type that sound ? when you stick your tongue between your lips and blow ? yeah and my thumbs are in my ears and my fingers are flailing around. so take that ! and that !and that too!

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right out of high school I had a boss that was the super on a couple of big construction jobs. The crew would usually gather in his trailer on Fridays at beer-thirty after work. He would always remind us- "I'm in charge! You do the listening, I'll do the talking!", to which I once responded "Then you do the thinking, we will do the drinking!"

He didn't like that, cost me a case of Budweiser to get through the gate next Monday. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it was an actual "whale" but I heard people say, "I'll whale the tar out of you." Pronounced whale.
Thinking Nomad got the tar whaled out of him by more than a few nuns :laughing9:
Oh that somehow reminds me. Rode hard and put up wet.

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do i type that sound ? when you stick your tongue between your lips and blow ? yeah and my thumbs are in my ears and my fingers are flailing around. so take that ! and that !and that too!

Kinda like brrraaack?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Never. Heard couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

I never heard it either. I found it looking for something to post. It pertains to someone giving advice or complaining about a problem but not giving any real help.

ie: I hear what you’re saying, but it’s all to the tune the old cow died of.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Here, nomad, you can use this. LOL

01952CB5-9FDE-4966-9E4D-571D992B8B3E.gif

I think to type it would be something like pblfftt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread