Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
There was a fellow used to come in a supermarket where I worked. He lived in a falling down little house on some land which belonged to a former Senator Melton. The Senator had let him live there but I don't know how the arrangement came about. This guy was just some hillbilly from a hillbilly bunch. He was slways black cause he burned tires to keep warm in this shack. He walked everywhere and talked to himself.
One bitterly cold morning he comes walking by me while I was putting out produce and says, Cold enough to freeze the b***s off a brass billy goat. Which was true.
and all the kindly neighbors around ? nobody informed him ? that breathing them fumes from burning tires is worse than smokin cigarettes.no wonder he talked to himself. what there were no trees in that neck of the woods ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i'm doin just jim _ _ _ _ _ n dandy ! the sarcastic tone i say it in is more effective. but who cares !

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and all the kindly neighbors around ? nobody informed him ? that breathing them fumes from burning tires is worse than smokin cigarettes.no wonder he talked to himself. what there were no trees in that neck of the woods ?

I hope he had a stove. I will have to sort this out to explain lol. The older generation would give you the shirt off their back. Let me think about it.
I am sure he wasn't idiot enough to burn tires in the house without a chimney. And being black came from habdling the tires also. Doubt he had a chainsae and the house was sitting pretty much surrounded by pasture.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being that it’s so hot here in New Orleans we have plenty of “hotter than” sayings, but the oldest one I can remember him using when I was a child is, “It’s hotter than a whore’s thighs on nickel night.” [emoji91]

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And this one I must admit, to this day I still don’t know what it means maybe somebody has heard of it. My grandma used to say, “Something smells rotten in Denmark.”

If anybody knows the history of that saying please let me know. [emoji1317]

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My mom always told me that I was gonna be late to my own funeral.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wind from the west fish bite the best, wind from the east fish bite the least.

I learned from blak Bart that that changes by where you fish.

Our east and west west is the same as yours. We also have:

Winds from the north, don’t go forth.

Winds from the south, bait lands in their mouth.

OP
OP
Hillbilly Prince

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this one I must admit, to this day I still don’t know what it means maybe somebody has heard of it. My grandma used to say, “Something smells rotten in Denmark.”

If anybody knows the history of that saying please let me know. [emoji1317]

I think this actually refers to Shakspeare's Hamlet. Ok, here it is:
"This phrase is taken from William Shakespeare’s play Hamlet. The speaker is Marcellus, a guard, who talks to his philosophical comrade, Horatio, saying, “Something is rotten in the state of Denmark …“ (Act-I, Scene-IV). The reason of saying this is just not that Denmark is facing dirt. It means that the situation of Denmark is similar to a fish that rots from head to tail, or in other words, it shows that everything is not good at top of political hierarchy."

This isn't a saying but I noticed you wrote "Being that..."
People still say things like "Being as you did so and so..."
Also Nothing to write home about.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

(Lol I’m still a procrastinator!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread