Old school and park today

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Since it was overcast and not scorching hot in DFW today I went out for a while to an old park I know of. I tend to shy away from this one due to the brand of folks that tend to hang out there. You know the type, the ones you can buy ANYTHING from if you want it...

Well since it was drizzling on and off the park was basically empty and no one was at the school either so I started swinging. I realized pretty quick that I was going to be doing a lot of digging due to all of the pull tabs I was finding. Not the normal poptops we have now days but real live tabs. I only took a picture of a few of them, all total I had 27 tabs and 19 twist tops.

Most all of the coins came from the school grounds and I think the barrett is like the one billionth for me this year!

All of the coins are clad except for a 1949 wheat.

I did find one "whatzit" and have it posted in the "What is it?" Forum as well. It's the thing with "LEE" on it.

Grip

P7050660.jpg

Upvote 0

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Its nice to see you're doing a good job at cleaning the place up though!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a better day then I did. :thumbsup:

My finds for today's park circuit in DFW was a couple cents.

At least you got a barrett :tongue3:

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. I hunt an old school that has ALOT of trash in the ground. I just keep hitting it and now I am finding less trash and more coins!! Keep at it!! :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you did alright....Matt

OP
OP
DrGrip

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
gilmerman said:
Will we ever find all the pull tabs?

If I had a nickle for every time I asked myself that question I would be a rich man!!!

I've found that by digging most all signals that over time the area does get cleaned up a bit and you do start finding more good stuff. It's worked for me on some private locations for sure!

What really has me liking this location is the number of real pull tabs I'm getting. This tells me that the park was HEAVILY in use at least in the 70s. It's still used now, but the number of pop tabs don't show it.

With summer here I doubt I'll be back out there anytime soon unless the weather assists again. it is TOO DARN HOT most days...

Jeep, shoot me a PM and let me know where you're located. I'd hate to know we are duplicating efforts in some locations! :tongue3:

Grip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread