Old School Sites

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
Decided to go down around my home area and metal detect yesterday so my mom could go with me,
it was a Beautiful day,temp got about 57 i think.
This is around Bradleyville Mo.
I had absolutely one of my best days ever metal detecting,went to some (OLD) school sites that i had found on maps,and one was on a friends property that had probably never been detected before.
Mom seemed to want to dig everything i said was good,she kept saying,is it important?
if i said yeah she dug.we dug so much i finally started taking turns cause i could tell she was getting tired.
But the most exciting part to me was her digging up the Morgan silver Dollar and the Merc dime.
needless to say we were both so excited.
after i found a silver Quarter i started stressing how important it was to try not to scratch what we were digging.
it was such a great day,and one i will remember forever,mom said she would be baking pies,and goodies today,so im going back for Thanksgiving dinner.
she had made some jerky i was eating between detecting spots,and we got in the truck to leave and a cat jumped out and ran off,but he ate all my jerky,well,thats ok he had to have thanksgiving dinner too i guess! LOL.
anyway,we ended up with a morgan Dollar 1921,Four silver Quarters,a war nickel,a mercury dime,
and 1.45 in clad,actually 1.62 i didnt scan the memorial pennies!.
when i go back tomorrow i am thinking about going and looking for the Hidden gold i have posted about,i recieved about 12 replies from people down in that area,that had heard the same story,one even knew the old mans name that lived in the Cabin.
Well,H>H> all and have a GREAT Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• Morganf.jpg
    Morganf.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 941
  • File0002.jpg
    File0002.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 930
  • SilverQs.jpg
    SilverQs.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 934
  • 45Merc.jpg
    45Merc.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 912
  • WarNF.jpg
    WarNF.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 904
  • WarNB.jpg
    WarNB.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 913
  • clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 932
  • Button.jpg
    Button.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 903
  • Pin.jpg
    Pin.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 908
Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome big silver! Congrats Hogge :thumbsup:

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX
Congatulations on the Morgan Dollar LabradorBob :thumbsup: and the rest of the finds
you sure had a good day sounds like you have a good spot there really neat that your mom
has an interest in it too :) i may be seeing things but, is that a D under the reath on the
reverse ? i'm curious how deep was the morgan ? good luck on your next visit to the school house :icon_sunny:

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I can't imagine the coins being very deep as rocky as that area is, but I may be wrong. Good luck on your quest this weekend...Steve

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
That's a stellar 21-S Morgan, great silver, and hooray for "going against the grain" (most folks lucky enough to hunt with a parent go with Pop) and having a great hunt with Mom!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice big silver :thumbsup: I like jerky when detecting as well :-*

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, that's an awesome day of detecting. Morgan dollars are very rare finds!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You never did say how many wheatback pennies you found. Certainly you must have found a handful with all that silver.

I'm willing to bet there's more there. ::)

Happy Thanksgiving!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread