Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SocalJim

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've learned in the short time, 2 months, I've owned mine ,same model XS, it seems coils have to be BBS and all of the coils for all sovereigns and I believe Excals will work. So there are plenty of choices . I have the 10 inch Tornado and would like to find something larger and lighter. I am starting to like the variable tones on the threshold although the low tones seem so much louder and annoying I have to lower my scoop every time I go over a bottle cap or hair pin to change it to the higher tone. Having used a Vaquero for a year or so it seemed like swinging a sledge hammer so I immediately found a tactical bag for it and it's pretty close to what i was used to but a lighter coil would be perfect. The bag hangs under your arm and the coil wire is long enough to swing with either hand. Now I'm by far no Minelab expert so I'd call Minelab or one of their dealers to double check on the coils I know I will when I'm ready. Jim

bigtruck68

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt * minelab sovereign xs * whites 6000 DI Pro * musketeer xs * xp deus* etrac*tesoro vaquero *
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a musketeer and a sov xs also have a explorer xs, they are all different coils , i believe the previous post was on spot with the excal, .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully some one can help me with this.... Looking for which coils will work (compatable ) on my older Sovereign XS machine .Do the coils have to be specifically BBS or will a musketeer or ??which coils will work Interchange on this XS ? Thanks in Advance..help appreciated.. Bill

Coils for sov and excals are only ones interchangeable....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Prairie Prowler

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank-you much for the heads up.... I am still seeking an 10.5 inch BBS coil for the SOV. XS..Good hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions