Metal Detecting

Attachments

• UMCCO_shell_butt.JPG
    UMCCO_shell_butt.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0
W

wisc pete

Hello, i found one yesterday in my own yard,along with a [email protected] hope there is no connection .lol Also found a musket ball 5o cal.along with misc junk.cool find.h/h Scott

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found alot of those in the woods, a friend of mine, ashdigger, is making a cool loking display of them.

DigEmAll

Aug 29, 2005
Eastern UP, Michigan
I keep finding "Leader 1901" #12's up around Tombstone. Wonder what Doc Holiday carried in his double gun? No, but really, some merchantile store around there must have bought a couple of cases of this stuff and sold it to everyone and thier brother! It isn't the full length brass hulls, but it is about 1 1/2 inches long. :)

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
That's a REALLY cool piece of ammunition! Never seen one that ornate with star or whatever like that. I'm sure you're right about it being old. Makes you wonder what they were shooting at and if they got it...

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
[quote author=DigEmAll
'some merchantile store around there must have bought a couple of cases of this stuff and sold it to everyone and thier brother! '

Funny you say that cause the only gun shop in Tombstone today bought a bunch of vintage ammo 12 gauge,the Ol' pre remington UMC stuff. He also had some full length Vietnam (wet weather ammo) type stuff. He was selling the UMC cheap enough for dove hunting! Not too hard to tell the modern on drops though..

I've don't believe I've ever found the one you describe.

Chester Copper Pot

Apr 16, 2005
WI
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro
I believe I found this same one today as well. I left it with the other TH'er cause it was his yard. I will check though to be sure. Good link wisc pete.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions