Old Sierra Fund letter to Fish and Game.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Gilded Lens

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ooh hey, they have one review on Yelp, I think they need more reviews guys. ;)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I noticed that they were wanting to limit dredges to a 2" hose. I guess they don't want the Mercury out quickly or they want us to leave some for them. That dredging schedule was quite the joke as well! Some areas they were only allowing a window of a month to dredge?

Lets keep in mind folks that these are the people that don't want miners in the water at all folks. They've already lied under oath, supplied false science and twisted arms to try and see to it that miners never get to dredge again.

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
I have not had any contact with park ranger or law enforcement on Any kind on the American rivers until two days ago. My self and two other were on the north fork at pondarosa bridge. When I see a park ranger comming down the road he stop and look real hard at us he went down to the bridge turns around comes back up the road and stops then back up comes across the bridge and stops, comes up the trail to tell that he think we were digging to far from the river we are about 10 feet from the river but the hole is smaller than he through. Then he tell us that there is not any gold here because this area was hit very hard by the old timers and we should find some other place to gold mine! Tells us that when he was a kid he tried gold mining and did not find any gold and it was hard work for nothing. This kid was maybe 21 or so. Then he said that he was not law enforcement but could call them if we didn't move closer to the river he then points to a sample hole I had just dug would be ok 2ft down and 3ft over. We said ok and he left. Every sample I took had 30 to 40 fine flacks in the pan. yea there is no gold here go some were but not here. like GI said they don't want us in the water or any place.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Too far from the river? Is that a real restriction or one that that guy made up? Or are you restricted to wetted perimeter? As to his comment that it is not worth mining because the old timers hit it hard.....Ignorance is bliss!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread