R

rvbvetter

Great finds!! That's some nice silver!! Worth another visit. WTG!! HH

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Jim to the forum and congrats on your first silver ! Those are some nice finds and nice pics also. Thanks for sharing with us.

Huntin' 59er

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
congrats on the silver! it sure is a great feeling to find it isnt it?!

OP
OP
Dirt Devil

Dirt Devil

Jul 29, 2005
The Burgh
Hello All,
Thanks for the kind words. I have only had my "Ace" for less than 2 weeks. I never had a chance to metal detect till now. (I'm 42). I enjoy the thrill of the hunt.I have found some newer clad (1970's on up) that is really discolored in the past week so I was surprised to see how bright this coin was.Does old Silver hold up better in the ground? I have a lot to learn. I bought it to use in between work appointments if time allows. I am a Realtor here in PA. So if you see a guy in a suit out detecting chances are it's me.
Thanks Again & Have a Good One!
Jim

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Congrats on your first silver...its a beauty! I love the quality strikes on the old Washingtons,the new quarters look like they were made in Japan.....JO

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Jim!!!

;)

Thanks for sharing!!!

;)

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome t the forum dirtdevil.WOW!Congrats on the first silver and that old nickel.Sounds like your doing great with that ACE.HH

R

rvbvetter

Being a realtor, could give you a chance to detect some of the older homes you list.
Just a thought. HH

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, unlike the various copper,zinc, tin and nickel alloys, gold n silver thankfully resists the effects of being buried undergound much better than anything else. All of the silver I've ever found [oldest 1872 dime] Came out of the ground looking like it did when it was dropped.
Of course, certain soil conditions, acidic,exposed to fertilizer ect will have a nasty effect on any metal.
Nice finds, and theres more where that came from - It all about swinging over the right chunk of ground.
Research and persistance pats off - But so does plain old luck.

J

JackRussell

wow that is a nice quarter! i cant wait to find some silver!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on your first silver!!!
Being a realtor should come in handy for finding places to hunt,,, almost like cheating... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Dirt Devil

Dirt Devil

Jul 29, 2005
The Burgh
Hello Again,
Thanks for the support & info. Good idea on checking out the yards on some of the homes I have listed.
Most of them are newer(1950's on up) but sometimes I do get the 100+ year old farm house etc. It's a good reason to keep in touch with my sellers. It's all about communication!
Have A Good One!
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread