Old silver right on the dry sand surface.

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Last year I found a 1932 quarter right on the surface of the dry sand. I was amazed and wondered how it got there. This year I returned to the very same spot hoping for more silver. To my amazement there was now, by my estimate, 30 feet of sand covering that spot. Dry sand can be a lot more interesting that many beach hunters think. I can't wait until next year to check that area and several others now that I know how dramatic the changes can be.

Upvote 0

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I agree dry sand hunting can be interesting, here in Florida tourist come from all over and sometimes the finds can be very interesting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dry sand can produce some interesting finds.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a story several years ago of a hunter that lived very close to the beach in Florida. He was out almost everyday and knew there was treasure

under all that dry beach sand. After 30 plus years the day arrived, and many silver ship wreck coins were uncovered. He had hunted the place and watched

it for all those years...and the day finally arrived. This story was caught by Surfdigger and posted in one of the News Papers in Florida...

I will see if he still has the link..

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a story several years ago of a hunter that lived very close to the beach in Florida. He was out almost everyday and knew there was treasure

under all that dry beach sand. After 30 plus years the day arrived, and many silver ship wreck coins were uncovered. He had hunted the place and watched

it for all those years...and the day finally arrived. This story was caught by Surfdigger and posted in one of the News Papers in Florida...

I will see if he still has the link..
I think Ive read that story somewhere...if I remember right, it said the sand covered the coins back up in one tide change....that means some coins are still there, waiting for that next giant storm to ucover them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread