🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1541960188.706476.jpg
I hunted an 1850 farmhouse permission on Saturday morning. The farmhouse is now part of a modern neighborhood. I was there for the first time in the summer when I had only owned my 600 for 2 weeks, had a lot of issues with controlling the noise. Thought with a lot more experience now that I would be able to tame the noise. Not so much.

There are obvious visible power lines (pictured) bordering 2 sides of the 1 acre lot. This time I had the home owner unplug their invisible fence. (FYI, my old Garrett is unusable at this site).

My go to mode for W PA old site hunting is Field2, recovery 2, auto GB, noise canceling at the beginning then as needed, sensitivity from 15-22. This mode was not usable over 3/4 of the site. Directly behind the buildings (shielding the power lines) I could hunt effectively at sensitivity 15. I found a bunch of stuff, clad, wheats, tokens, silvers, relics, but all the small targets were 4” or less. I also tried my Park1 cherry picking mode (lots of mid tones and all low tones disc’d out) This was not noisy at sensitivity 18, but still just shallow stuff. Field2 at 15 with iron on gave more usable information.

I tried changing frequencies. This changed the noise, but after 30 min of digging solid silver dime signals that were chunks of rusty iron I went back to multi.

The home owner and I are sure there are deeper older goodies, just need to figure out how to get there. Any advice? Thx.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A strategic power outage during the day? Lol. Ive seen people on here claim that the 40khz is better with Emi but you mentioned it was falsing on iron. Might have to dig your life away until the goodies show up? Or find a pattern the iron is sending out in the audio or visual or even both? Just trying to come up with something. Could even lower the sens. A little more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread