Old Sports Field

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Found this field last year when we moved to Tennessee from Texas but everything was so over grown in weeds etc. that I wasn't able to do any hunting on the stand/consession side of the field. So spent what time I had hunting where the parking lot was, found a few dollars in chad but that was it. The cool weather finally killed off some of the weeds so went by for a hunt yesterday while the sun was out. I hunted for about an hour and half and found 2 pennies and a nice assortment of vintage junk. I only hunted the front of the stands and consession stand so next trip I will be going around back of the bleachers and under them to see what I can find. Hope everyone has a great day. Jeff

Attachments

• bleachers.jpg
    bleachers.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 785
  • concession stand.jpg
    concession stand.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 772
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There should be some good stuff there...I wonder what the history is. Good luck next time out!

HH!
TBGO

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics, good luck . :)

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a field like this back in the early 1990's. The bulk of my finds there came from the sidelines between the field and the bleachers on both sides and end the end zones. I found a gold necklace, a gold wedding band and a great deal of old silver coins from the 1930's through the 1960's. I found some stuff outside the immediate field area but not much.

Good luck!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
The end zones should be great or any adjacent areas next to the stands were people would sit on the grass or kids play while the games were going on. Go luck. Looks like a great spot.

Smiles!
BDoo

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
WTG on the finds. You should do well at that spot if the ground isn’t too deep and or you have a metal detector that finds deep targets.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
Envious!!!!! This is the type of place anyone would love to hunt. Hope you many great finds. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread