✅ SOLVED Old sprinkler head

bigfish313

Nov 11, 2013
El Cerrito CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this in the woods of an old park. It's pretty clear that its a sprinkler head. The white center piece unscrews and the whole thing comes apart. The only mark is inside on the green plastic piece "AA2". If anyone knows the brand and date I would appreciate it.

n.jpg pn.jpg

Thanks and happy hunting!

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sprinkler head?
geez, I sure don't see it as that
I think you have something more interesting than that
Brady

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like part of a timer of some sort.

Upvote 0

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But who uses Roman numerals on a sprinkler head?

Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I think it is a mechanical timer sprinkler head. I sort of remember them, I think they were set up in zones and are adjustable.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bigfish313

Nov 11, 2013
El Cerrito CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted this item to another forum and this is a response from someone at Rain Bird.
"I have never seen this before. An engineer with about 35 years tenure at Rain Bird has not seen it before either. I am certain it is not a Rain Bird product because we would not have used the alternate Roman Numeral version of the number 4."

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=433636

Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
On the few drip irrigation systems that I have installed the emitters were marked A1, A2, A3, etc, maybe even some of the other parts were coded like that. I have wondered why these companies coded the parts like that making it difficult for an untrained person to install with the timer and zones and all. Anyway that is how the eariler systems were as I remember thus the complicated code on the parte that you found. Rainbird would want you to upgrade so they wouldn't give you any information on an old part from a different company (could be from Taiwan). So the engineer couldn't look at that part and discern it's function (lol). Those roman numerals might be a decorative inaccurate sundial from China.

Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Oh these are guesses base on old memories but I think you're on track, good luck.

Upvote 0

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got to be kidding What kid would go for that?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread