2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This old throw/blanket whatever was in a box of stuff at the auction. I know I didn't pay over $3 for the box. I don't know much about this sort of thing so....I need words to describe it in order to research it. It's about 44"x58" weighs 1lb-11oz so it's fairly heavy for it's size. I'm sure it's handmade. Looks like yarn stitched onto???? Pictures of both sides included below. Thanks all for any help or ideas! :)

image-2129287409.jpg

image-51251060.jpg

image-1969942502.jpg

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She's a pretty cool dog. Love her!

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Please look up first family horse blankets. If that is a native american horse blanket it can be worth hundreds of thousands. FYI, look up one of the old treasure in the news stories here on TN.

OP
OP
2Minnesota

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish it were a NA horse blanket! It doesn't seam to fit as a NA piece though as the "yarn" is spaced and woven through another solid piece of material instead of a tight weave of single strands. I may be way off. I sold an old NA camp blanket that was a very cool piece but torn and tattered sold as a "cutter piece". (cant remember exact amount). Maybe it's just a handmade blanket/throw that is vintage. I cant figure out what the yarn is woven through. It's not a flour sack.... lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread