Old time hunter - first time poster

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
I recently discovered this site and I am definately hooked. It's been a few years since I've done any serious hunting but hopefully I will be able to get out again soon. I don't know if this thread is appropriate but the title best fits my wish to share some of the finds I've made over the years. (looking for suggestions here)

I had the unique opporitunity to hunt some amazing sites mid to late 90' in and around the Fredericksburg, VA area. Places like Bragg Hill, Mossneck Plantation (Stonewall Jacksons winter HQ's after the battle of Fredericksburg 1862), Harris Farm, Gordon Road, Catharpin RD, Salem Church, Chancellorsville, White Oak White House, The Walnut Grove, North and South of the Burg such as Garrisonville, Aquia, Route one Stage coach road and several stops, Centerville, Dumfries, Fairfax, Richmond, etc.. Most of my stuff is in Secure storage for the time being so I do not have pics of everything. That said, I do have enough photos to share in several dozen posts if everyone is agreeable/interested. Please note the samples attached and advise which threads would be most appropriate for posting future old finds.

Now for the pictures...
#1 various plates, bullets, cape pins found at the sites noted above (closeups later)
#2 Small sample of the 400+ Bullet varients used during the war
#3 Puppy Paw buckle with general service, infantry, calvary, and artillary buttons
#4 Riflemans sling buckle with Bat wings, Cannon Percussion fuses (fired), and knap sack hooks
#5 Camp art Carved bullet watch fob and chain, marine corps button, navy button (recovered from union camps in Stafford, VA)
#6 Camp art Artillary fuse cut down for a ring or pendant and marked with the Third corps symbol (Stafford, VA)
#7 Buttons, Buttons, Buttons (close ups later)

Folks - I hope you enjoy.

Thanks - Joe

Attachments

• Copy of DSCN3433.JPG
    Copy of DSCN3433.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,684
  • Copy of DSCN0121.JPG
    Copy of DSCN0121.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,676
  • DSCN0250.JPG
    DSCN0250.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,649
  • DSCN0251.JPG
    DSCN0251.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,646
  • DSCN0252.JPG
    DSCN0252.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 2,632
  • DSCN2990.JPG
    DSCN2990.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,625
  • DSCN2557.JPG
    DSCN2557.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 2,641
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet....Man, you have one fine collection of relics...the kind that makes me start to drool. Again, Welcome and would love to see some more posts from ya.

Cheezie

Greenie
Aug 14, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive collection and presentation. Well done, Joe!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy JESUS. I wanna see as much as you are willing to post. Now THAT gets my blood Pumping!

Excellent finds~!

P.S.--I can't believe you found a SHALER and got all three pieces of it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
hey repairman65 glad to see you found this site and signed up. Told you it was impressive. Don't tell any of these guys where you live cause I want to see my collection again someday! :icon_pirat: You need to start posting your finds here I know you have a few.

Go fishing! Joe

OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Well I don't know about a museum but I do have lots of stuff. 90% of it is in storage and what I am showing off now is the bulk of the good stuff. Some day I will dig the rest out, photograph it and share it as well. When I do that I will also shoot the stuff my buddy found while his family owned the Moss Neck Plantation. For those of you who don't know, Moss Neck was owned by the Corbin Family during the Civil War and was used by Stonewall Jackson as his winter headquarters following the battle of Fredericksburg in December 1862. I had the privledge to hunt the property for only a few months prior to it's sale but WOW! what a time we had. He had a few years on me in those Confederate Camps and his finds as simply amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread