Old Wagon Trail, Santa Fe, NM area

Lamy Lineman

Sep 27, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Equinox600, Whites MXT all Pro, Whites XL Pro, Whites Bullseye, Deteknix X-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out yesterday, but was to tired to post. Have to hike a couple of miles to trail. Great exercise, but worth the adventure... This weather were having has suddenly turned cold... Suppose to be a wet winter, ( El Nino ). It was the last best day for awhile. Took advantage of it. So, most of the usual horse shoes, really old nails, besides the horseshoe nails, pieces of chain. Worth mentioning, Musket round ball, shotgun shell UMC Co No 10 SG, WRA Co 38 S&W. Best finds are the two infantry buttons. One, is pretty smashed up, as most thing are from all the traffic over the years. One is in great shape. Both are the same, and were found in the same area. They are marked (dot) SCOVILLMFGCo(dot)WATERBURY. I'm no expert on dating the buttons, but what I could find was 1850 to 1865. Any input will be appreciated...
Thanks for looking, and keep on swinging and posting...

Upvote 18

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome place to hunt nice relics eouldnt be surprised if you found a gold coin or some old pistols

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those old nails! You sure can find some interesting things along that trail! It must be a nice area finding the buttons. I have been wanting to take some time off and explore the trail where it comes into Colorado. Good Luck!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the relics! :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! The general service button in the last pic , is one of the nicest I've seen posted here in a long time !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread