Old west outlaw treasure

OP
OP
E

Earl

Sep 16, 2004
Hey guys,I dug out my "vigiliantes of Montana" book. The book is mentioned in Carl Von Mueller's book treasure hunters manual #7or #6. Can't remember now. It is a compilation of newspaper articles written by a prof. Thomas J. Dimsdale. In 1864, he was the editor of the first newspaper in Bannack Montana. It was called the Montana Post. He did a series of articles called the vigilantes of Montana as a correct and impartial narrative of the chase,trial,capture and execution of Henry Plummer's road agent band. Also accounts of the lives and crimes of many of the robbers and desperadoes, the whole being interspersed with sketches of life in the mining camps of the far west, forming the only reliable work on the subject ever offered to the public. I have decided to put this book on e bay to sell. Don't know what to ask for it so any replies would be appreciated. The book is dated 1953 and the original book was written in 1866 and was the first book written in Montana. Copies of this first book are very rare. Dimsdale died in sept 1866. This book contains a lot of treasure leads to the old outlaws hideouts in Montana. I'm never goin there so I'm selling the book. The book is in average condition. What do you think? Come n guys give me an idea what it is worth. Thanks Earl

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
go to bookfinder.com. Do a search for your book and use their prices as a guide to what it might bring. There have also been editions since yours so it's not hard to find. Good reading though. exanimo, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread