Old wheats, a piece of silver, some oddities and several ways to get there

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I had one of my more interesting days at a new site today; a friend of mine is a missionary in Mexico, but living nearby on a one-year home assignment. He's living with his family in an older house and got permission for me to search it's property. Never one to pass up an opportunity, I began a thorough search in the small front yard. There, I found a real nice 17 wheat and a couple others. In the back yard, just to amuse myself, I began to cherry pick. I have six months to do the place, so there isn't a sense of urgency; I'll be thorough another day. The first picture is today's collection of Matchbox and Hot Wheels toys, highlighted by this really nice bi-plane. Another friend owns at least one, and I've had the privilege of flying with him--upside down! You haven't lived until you've been upside down in an open cockpit.
Picture number two includes a large clay marble (?), part of an old gas valve, an arrowhead and this curious piece that answers all the questions one might ask about life. "Should I say yes?", "Will I marry?", "Time to leave?", "Will I go places?", "Will I get rich?", "Does he love me?". The answers, on the larger disk, are "Yes", "No", "Maybe" and "Depends". The small disk turns easily on the larger, giving someone all they need to plot the course of their life ;D. There are no identifying marks on the piece, so I'm at your mercy at figuring out who made this.
Finally, the day's silver was this sterling trophy, about 2.5 inches tall. Either that, or it's an urn for a very small set of cremains ::). I'd love to know if anyone's found anything like it before. On a personal note, I hope TNet friends are enjoying trips to Sicily and New England. Make it back safely!

Attachments

• callery 001 (Small).jpg
    callery 001 (Small).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 222
  • callery 002 (Small).jpg
    callery 002 (Small).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 225
  • callery 003 (Small).jpg
    callery 003 (Small).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds halfdime i hope there is alot more silver and gold there for you to find ;) congrats on the finds and the place to hunt ;D

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Really cool finds, Halfdime!!

I like that silver trophy!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread