old wrappers

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I don't, but I've heard of people collecting wrappers. If anyone has a wrapper collection, I would LOVE to see pics. especially old ones! or just any info at all re wrappers. I've seen dollar wrappers in both 20 and 25 dollar totals, which I thought were interesting. And there's a tool you can buy that wraps your coins neat and tucked-in like armored car wrapped coins. http://www.twist-n-crimp.com Anyone ever use on of these things? I get excited when I see halves wrapped in soft, ancient, wrappers---maybe it'll be roll of Seated Liberty halves??? haha, I wish.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about saving the old ones in the past, but then just forgot about it. I ran into a streak once where I kept on getting old wrappers. Some were probably from the 50s or so, but had newer coins in them.

But it would be interested to collect wrappers from different states, banks, etc.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fiatboy said:
I've seen dollar wrappers in both 20 and 25 dollar totals

I've found half dollar rolls in $5, $20, and $25 in the past.

Nickel rolls in $1.

Dimes in something other than $5, but I can't remember what it was... $2 or $2.50.

Pennies in $0.25.

Anyone else find any others?

OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i got this one on vacation in new york. i like it cause it says new york on it.
it looks old what you think

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 393

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
nice one! keep the pics coming. Anyone else run across any interesting wrappers?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whitesid said:
i got this one on vacation in new york. i like it cause it says new york on it.
it looks old what you think

I agree Whitesid....looks old....but I am not sure.

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got two different types of wrappers last year that may be worth mentioning. Both of these type wrappers had all silver halves in them, so I really look for them now. If I can figure out how to scan on my computer, I'll scan them in.

The first type is interesting because the contact telephone number on the roll is only 5 digits!

The second type is really cool - they have little square cut-outs on them so that when you roll coins up in them, the denomination of the coin and the value of the roll shows through the cut-outs! They can be used for rolling anything from pennies to the large dollars! Really cool - I got seven of these at one bank. The newest coin in all seven rolls was a 1958 Franklin!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread