old wrench

jay741jay

Greenie
Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi im kinda new to md never really found anything before. ive posted here before for metal detector advice. the past couple weeks when im not in school. i spend in the woods looking at rock walls and possible spots to metal detect. years ago my dad and i found what we think was an old wagon trail. its all over grown now and in the middle of the woods. Yesterday i was walking down a path that crosses over the trail and looked down and saw somthing metal turned out to be what i think is an old wrench. i think i was able to see it because dirt bikes and turned up some dirt recently and it just rained. Has anyone found anything that looks like this before?

Also any idea on how old it is and what is was possibly used for? im guessing early to mid 1900s?? i have recently been thinking about getting a new md and with this discovery i think i might. i want to find some coins there are tons of rock walls in the area. So do you guys think there could be more stuff in the trail and surrounding area maybe coins? This is my first real discovery in the woods. any advice of ideas are appreciated

Attachments

• new pics 088.JPG
    new pics 088.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Jay :hello:
It looks like a wrench from the 19teens (modern) Possible a tractor wrench..Your on the right track though. Search those old rock walls, and any cellar holes that might be close by. The good stuff isn't far

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jay, great find. It sounds to me like you may have come across a great place to MD. Have you given thought to brand and/or type of MD. Being in school you're probably on a pretty tight budget. My advice is not to buy a MD on price alone--you really do get what you pay for. Do some research about MDs and each one's strong points - and I would stick to the major brands as they have a proven history. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing about your digs in this "wagon trail" area. Sure sounds like a winner to me!

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little find looks like you have a great start. I had a Bounty Hunter Tracker II and now have moved up to a Garrett Ace 350, not pricey but nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread