Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Google Earth recently updated the photos covering my area of New Jersey. The problem is that prior to the update, the photos were taken in the winter. The newer, updated photos were taken in late spring or summer, with full foliage. This now masks many of the sites I had yet to check out.

I wonder if there is a way to get a seasonal view. I may pursue this with Google.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
try maps.live.com

If the birds eye view is available (the birds eye view tab will be highlighted) in your area it is the clearest close up available. You can rotate the image also. The only thing is when you rotate you may seen green trees from one angle and snow in another angle since the images were taken at different times from different angles.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Tin Nugget said:
try maps.live.com

If the birds eye view is available (the birds eye view tab will be highlighted) in your area it is the clearest close up available. You can rotate the image also. The only thing is when you rotate you may seen green trees from one angle and snow in another angle since the images were taken at different times from different angles.

I am very familiar with MSN's maps.live.com. It gives sharper views than google earth, but it has less features than GE. For expample, you cannot overlay historic maps like you can in google earth.

Attachments

• 1858 Overlay.jpg
    1858 Overlay.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 1858 Overlay.jpg
    1858 Overlay.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 159

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread