Older point?

eastjacj

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2024
~ I sincerely hope Iā€™m doing this right! First time on here! Looks like a great forum! I found this and am wondering if any one else believes that one ā€œearā€ of the base may be missing? The one broken off may have been be similar to the other? Possibly an older point? Creek find, and many artifacts I find are battered.

~ Found in Jackson Co, Mo (western Missouri) where other paleo objects have been found. I so appreciate any thoughts!

Attachments

• IMG_3454.jpeg
    IMG_3454.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3453.jpeg
    IMG_3453.jpeg
    504.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3455.jpeg
    IMG_3455.jpeg
    339 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3450.jpeg
    IMG_3450.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3454.jpeg
    IMG_3454.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3445.jpeg
    IMG_3445.jpeg
    793.9 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 6

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Its a nice relic, good flint material.
The flint has a Harrison County flint look.
It could be a broken off base tang. But it could be a Waller knife too. Hard to tell.

Jackson Co, Mo is a good area to search. I get in that area many times a year visiting my daughter and family. The Nebo Hill point was named for the Nebo Hill location close to the Missouri River close to the Liberty Sports complex. While its not much to look at now, back in the day I imagine many nice points were found. You can see some of these points found around Nebo Hill in the Clay County historical Museum in Liberty.

OP
OP
E

eastjacj

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2024
Its a nice relic, good flint material.
The flint has a Harrison County flint look.
It could be a broken off base tang. But it could be a Waller knife too. Hard to tell.

Jackson Co, Mo is a good area to search. I get in that area many times a year visiting my daughter and family. The Nebo Hill point was named for the Nebo Hill location close to the Missouri River close to the Liberty Sports complex. While its not much to look at now, back in the day I imagine many nice points were found. You can see some of these points found around Nebo Hill in the Clay County historical Museum in Liberty.
My buddy and I have plans to take my boat down the Mo river near there to search! His family used to have land near there and found artifacts!

Nathan W

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2023
Iā€™ve recently taken a liking to secondary hunting Indian artifacts, thatā€™s definitely been struck by man.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread