Oldest Bank in Town

Rothgo

Sep 24, 2006
I stopped in the oldest bank in town. It's a big stone building on the corner in the middle of an old town in New Jersey. A sign says it was National county bank established in the 1800s now it's Bank of America. No parking but the street side. I though they should have some old silver if any bank does. The teller was very happy that I wanted to buy all her halves. She ran to the other tellers to get their halves for me. The young teller next to her had to ask if what she had was a half dollar. Oh well, maybe she's new. I only got four rolls and $5.50 loose. I thanked her very much, tellers this nice I want to see again unlike the bank across town that wanted my account number written on every roll I cashed in (I wouldn't and didn't go back). Found a 40% in the loose sitting in the car. Back home I found four more 40% in the rolls. Two of the rolls were all 1971. Some ones collection? I'll ask about the vault next week.
Total 5 40% silver
1967 x 2
1968D x 2
1969D x 1

That's better than my last two boxes. Both skunk

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Rothgo. Buy every roll or as many as they will sell you from that vault. If they are not dumps, they have the potential to produce some serious silver. You just never know until..............The thing about this hobby is you can't lose. Only if you don't play the game.

Good luck & let us know how it turns out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread