Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So tonight My wife and son came with me back to my vacant and deceased grandparent's farmstead. They were going to dig up some baby lilac bushes while I did some detecting.

My hopes were not high, as I've hunted this spot a ton in the last month, and I started to think it was all just nails and beer cans and tabs. (My grandpa liked to drink... A lot....)

I decided to dig the medium tones and weak signals this time, since I have a better digging tool now. (My last post covers it) What I thought was going to be a trash hunt turned out to be my best day detecting so far!

After covering some areas I had found wheaties and having no luck, I went to an area I've only found trash before. My wife came over and was helping me dig to speed things up.

After about 10 minutes, I got to a hole with about a 74 signal, and I see a solid chunk of metal. Then I see some fine writing on it. I grabbed it quickly, and it turns out to be an old wrist watch! I believe it has gold hands, you can barely see one in the picture, between 12 and 1 O'Clock.

After some more junk, I dug a hole, she checked it, and pulled out a beer tab. Before we filled the hole, she checked again and got another signal. After digging another inch down, I dumped the dirt, and out rolled a coin. Not just another wheat though. My wife grabbed it, looked up at me excitedly, and yells, "It's got an Indian Head!" My oldest coun to date, a 1907, and my first IH! Whoo!

A few minutes later, we saw another coin! I braced myself, but no Indian Head this time, but a 1925 Wheat. Still awesome though!

OK this is getting too long, so I'll sum it up a bit. Later on I found what I think is an old bread knife, or something like that. (If you know, don't be shy to tell me). I also found an old Copenhagen chew lid. (Had to be my grandpa's from at least 17 years ago)

It's just special finding things like this, especially in a family history area.

I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow probably, my motivation is back for that area, and RKS has convinced me to go with the big coil. :) I'll keep you all updated!

Thank you all for sharing the experience with me. Remember, just when you think a spot is hunted out, something like this happens! Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130629_233309.png
    ForumRunner_20130629_233309.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20130629_233327.png
    ForumRunner_20130629_233327.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 82
  • ForumRunner_20130629_233346.png
    ForumRunner_20130629_233346.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20130629_233405.png
    ForumRunner_20130629_233405.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 73
  • ForumRunner_20130629_233423.png
    ForumRunner_20130629_233423.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 67

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Sapper!
What a great hunt man! I'm happy for you guys to find that stuff!
Yeh go back and hit it hard with that bigger coil nice and slow like..
You've got a great site there buddy!
Keep posting your finds!

Pete

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Pete! I'll definitely be back there soon! I'm still pumped about it.
Also, I think the knife thingy is an icing spatula. Still not sure!

-Ron-

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, hopefully you will pull more out of there too.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just goes to show ya no spots r truley hunted out. Great finds by the way just a couple weeks ago u thought u were in a slump now look wow

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the hunted out spots are more fun :laughing7:

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh man!
That's a awesome site you have there for sure ! Good luck, keep us posted!
Pete

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have a "honey hole" and better yet,it has family history connected to it!:thumbsup: Double checking those holes,really pays off,dosen't it! Congrats,on the IH!:occasion14: Ron

Sep 16, 2012
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350, and Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! What a day you had, this is excellent. It goes to prove that no matter how many times an area has been gone over, it can still yield very interesting items. :cool:

OP
OP
Sapper724

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still almost in disbelief, as I really truly thought there was just nothing left in that area. I can't wait to get back out now and see what else I can dig. Thanks everyone for the support!

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days have gone by!
Where are ya Sapper? Lol
Any more luck buddy?
Keep em comin now! Haha
Pete

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I love the watch. I found one at my parents house but can't read a thing on it. I wish I knew if it was my grandfather's or not. Cool coins too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread