Oldest coin so far

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Wasn't that much out this summer. Not sure i can have my two last times out on the same post.. Last week i found some old buttons including a nice artillery one and a flint lock hammer. From Brown Bess around 1750. The week before i went to an old property. Two coins Georges III 1806-7, Upper canada coin 1854. The surprise was a Henri IV hammer coin 1594 mean a French Douzain, copper and silver a billon 428 years old. Just in the grass 6 inches on the side of the house .(1715) The coin is older 121 years from the house . Must had been in the family for a while and finally lost. My oldest coin before was 1643. Kind of surprise with this one, took me a little time to ID, a first for me ,hammer coin here in America. ( Quebec) There is one in a museum the archaeologist found. The buttons are Compagnie Franche de la Marine ( 1759 max) Canadian Regiment ? should be 1812 ( Fencible ) but doesnt fit with the maker C.Jennens and the style and ,fancy buttons, Georges II H Penny tired .

Attachments

• IMG_9804.jpeg
    IMG_9804.jpeg
    572 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_9806.jpeg
    IMG_9806.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_9907.jpeg
    IMG_9907.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_9887.jpeg
    IMG_9887.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9933 2.jpeg
    IMG_9933 2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
Upvote 33

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't that much out this summer. Not sure i can have my two last times out on the same post.. Last week i found some old buttons including a nice artillery one and a flint lock hammer. From Brown Bess around 1750. The week before i went to an old property. Two coins Georges III 1806-7, Upper canada coin 1854. The surprise was a Henri IV hammer coin 1594 mean a French Douzain, copper and silver a billon 428 years old. Just in the grass 6 inches on the side of the house .(1715) The coin is older 121 years from the house . Must had been in the family for a while and finally lost. My oldest coin before was 1643. Kind of surprise with this one, took me a little time to ID, a first for me ,hammer coin here in America. ( Quebec) There is one in a museum the archaeologist found. The buttons are Compagnie Franche de la Marine ( 1759 max) Canadian Regiment ? should be 1812 ( Fencible ) but doesnt fit with the maker C.Jennens and the style and ,fancy buttons, Georges II H Penny tired .
Not too shabby. Those are great finds! The flint lock hammer looks fishlike.... 😊

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote banner! The rarity of it and condition are both stunning! Superb work and congratulations!

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding recoveries! Congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Sweet Hammered!!! Congrats!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your oldest coin, might be hard to beat that one, unless a kid lost a Roman coin there as well!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your oldest coin, It certainly will be hard to beat this one for age any time soon.
Liking the buttons as well.

OP
OP
montcalm

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all ! I guess finding older will be a hard challenge. The surprise with this one will stay for a while. The one before was 1653 French also i never thought then i would find older. I know a friend that found 1593 hahaha.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bravo Denis
Very old coin
Banner

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding relics, coins and stuff...! :icon_thumright:
Now you know the hot spot of ground
that History happened,,,,!
The stories that "stuff" could tell, if they could talk, eh?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread