Oldest scout camp in the west-

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Camp Parsons - located on the Hood Canal in the state of Washington - Chief Seattle Council - since 1919

Camp Parsons was a 165 acre logging camp and was purchased by Reginald Parsons, the Seattle Council's first president who donated it to the scouts. The camp was named in his honor. They held their first summer camp operation there in 1919 and continue to do so today. The camp is the oldest continuous Boy Scout camp west of the Mississippi and is the only camp in the west to make the list of "America's Oldest Scout Camps".

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Jeffro,

Interesting to hear about Camp Parsons :wink:

Being in the Kansas City Metro Area, Scouters typically attend Camp Bartle or the H.Roe Bartle Scout Reservation. The H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation, located in Osceola, Missouri, is home to over 6,600 Boy Scouts and 3,000 leaders each summer. The 4,200 acre reservation consists of three camps Lone Star, Sawmill, and Piercing Arrow and the Osage Wilderness Trail. The H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation has been a summer home to Scouting and it’s honor camping program the Tribe of Mic-O-Say since 1929. My dad attended Bartle starting in 1939. I attended Bartle starting in 1966, and my 2 boys attended Bartle starting in 1998. All of us Eagles and Hardway Warriors in Mic-O-Say.

In 1969 I attended a National Jamboree in Coeur d'Alene Idaho :wink:

swedishbrick84

Greenie
Sep 11, 2007
Greater Lynnwood WA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker II Metal Detector
This is a great camp and pretty large area.... I used to go to camp there years ago.... Camp Brinkley up by Monroe Wa are the two camps around here. Also used to have the yearly Scout Jamboree in a cow field up near North Bend... Would love to hunt these spots some day!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
I detected camp parsons two years ago. I was a boy scout. To busy with all the scouts running around. So i had to quit after 3 hours. Didn't find any silver because I didn't hunt a lot of the area. Did Find a wheat penny 1937. So there is silver at camp parsons hopefully!

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As a scout leader at H. Roe Bartle, I'd be detecting around old camp sites etc and the scouts would swarm around me like a hive of bees ;D

The soil was rock hard and full of rocks but I never had to dig, the scouts would literally dig with their fingers :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread