Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the DeLeon, I found my oldest penny and nickel, this morning. Both at 3 to 4".
1919 wheat & 1941 nickel.

My oldest previous coin was a 1929 Merc.

My first anniversary of MD will be Dec 26th. Hopefully some more records will be broken prior to that date.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on two epic finds!

Gary41

Greenie
Jul 22, 2015
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vern I also found my oldest coin to date yesterday Took out my Lobo Super Traq to an old gold mining area near where I live. I found no gold but along a trail found a 1912S wheat in real great condition. Did not realize what I had until I got home and washed it off. Turns out the 1912s wheat is a real rare one. The San Francisco mint only minted 4,400,000 of them. Collector value starts at $22 and up. Been doing this about a year like you and still looking for my first silver coin.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gary, congratulations. Nice. Worth $22 huh? That's 2200 holes you don't have to dig. Awesome.

I found these two in the same area I dug my 1929 Merc. My only silver. I just know there's some good stuff there. While I've never seen another MD around, I speck it's been hunted much over the years. Very old park.

Parks and Recreation manager told me I was fine hunting any of the city and county parks. As long as I filled my holes and no shovel. So I'm Digging It All With A Lesche knife. Tough on my arthritic hands, so I pretty much cherry pick targets. The Deleon is really accurate with ID.
WHEW!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, glad to see you are still getting after those targets. Hope to swing my Deleon soon.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, glad to see you are still getting after those targets. Hope to swing my Deleon soon.

Thanks Bill. I will just be glad when the weather cools.
I wish you the best with your DeLeon. It don't get much better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread