ole timer gave me a great lead!!

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
I was at one of the fields today and this ole time was shooting some hoops....his ball rolled over by me and I tossed it back... he thanks me and I move on... a half hour later he comes walking up and has a small
crown royal bag in his hand, he says I dont have on of the fancy machines but I found these at the old powder mill back in the sixties just kicking around rocks. he pulls out a 1912 dime, 1899? half and a early silver quarter (sorry cant remember the dates...) he tells me that the black powder mill was there for over a hundred years, and he found lots of neat coins around where the guys would wash up... for some reason I thought this was far away, but mentioned it to my fiance anyway... she said I know where thats at its like two miles from the house... on the way she showed me a defunct amusment park that was opened in 1903,,, heres the link
anyone interested in a hunt?? :)
http://www.defunctparks.com/parks/PA/rockyglen/rockyglen.htm
http://www.geocities.com/rockyglenfriends/earlyhistory.htm

P.S. I think the ole lady may want a detector soon!!! she is showing more interest :)

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... sounds like a great lead to me! There should be some good coins there! I definately want to see pics of your finds when you get to that spot and hunt it!

And if you can get the lady interested in detecting then it is ON!! Nothing is better than asking for permission than a pretty face to ask the old men for you ;)

Dreamweaver43

May 25, 2006
Wisconsin
Rocky Glen......went there when I was a kid growing up in Pennsylvania. They had a old wooden rollercoaster there. It's probably would be a pretty good site, since we called it the run-down amusement park 20+ years ago . I drove by it a few years ago, you can see it from the interstate.....it's all overgrown now.

Too bad my job put me in Wisconsin, cause I'd love to hunt it!!!

Dreamweaver

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few more abandon amusement parks in the area. One that was real hot is just off Rt11 in Hunlocks Creek , but one can no longer hunt it. The land owner got sick of people just walking onto his land and diggin stuff up. Theres a real old one that is hard to get to, but is on the way up the mountain going toward Mt. Top.

The powder mill I think you are talking about has been hit pretty hard, but places like that are always wiling to give up a few more good finds no matter how many times they have been hit.

I think you are pretty close to Waverly, the post office there is old and fair game. It has given up many old, old coins. Plus there is an old fairground up that way that I have never personaly hunted, but would ike to sometime. It would be worth looking into.

Good luck, if you ever want to meet up and do some huntin together contact me [email protected]

Moosic is right up the road from me

Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread