Olympic Broad jump

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Years ago I went to Ft Bragg to visit a lifelong friend stationed there with the Rangers . The second john (now a retired 'full bull' Colonel) and I headed out to see the sights in North Carolina .
Many stops/drinks later found us touring the USS North Carolina in the late afternoon and then
taking a passenger ferry across the river to enjoy Wilmington's Riverfront . The signs at the landing told us what time the last ferry went back across the river .
Having a high old time , we lost track of time .
A frantic run up the street and the turn to the quay brought us the sight of the loaded ferry
with water between it and the dock . If we didn't make that boat , Rod was going to be in deep
for not being back on post at the appointed time .
Rod slipped on the wet brick paving and went azz over teakettle . Being the hero of the moment I charged down the quay toward the dock to catch that boat !
I made a dockside leap onto that boat that must have been at least 20 feet , fell on my azz and broke the pint in my back pocket . The broken glass cut my azz .
The passengers all cheered my heroic leap for a friend .
................... And the danged ferry pulled into the dock to discharge the last load of Wilmington bound passengers !
The future colonel and I got him back on post in time and I only have a small scar for a memento :thumbsup:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats almost crazy,bust your azz for a friend to find out your jumpin the gun. At least you,s didn,t take a train.:4leafclover:

Not going to say why we were running at a high rate of speed in the dark,but a partner in hi jinx and i were parallel to the crick in an area we knew well. About the time our feet hit 3rd gear i skirted the steep banked pond we went around many times before and shortly after heard a splash followed by cussing. The only way he could have made it so far would have been to run on air like a cartoon character for a few strides till the gravity of the situation was realized. He got his turn to laugh another night when the crick and i got together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Releventchair ,
I think you and I could have several interesting evenings sittin by the fire swappin experiences . Especially if we had some kids sittin at our feet learning from the mistakes of their elders .:occasion14:

S

stefen

A few years back, I was going to Lemore AFB with a full bird...we landed in Fresno and drove to the base...on the return flight we went thru security and the bells went off...even as the gal was using a hand-held unit...

He kept telling her that he had a metal knee...I looked at her and said..."Brass Balls"...

Thought she was going to lose it...Laughing she said he could board now...

Took him several gin & tonics to cool down...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Releventchair ,
I think you and I could have several interesting evenings sittin by the fire swappin experiences . Especially if we had some kids sittin at our feet learning from the mistakes of their elders .:occasion14:

Heh,they would be scared straight and we would be crossed off the babysittin list!
Have a daughter in college learned alot of how not to do by my oops.(tin can lid plus drill equals finger meat slicer,twice, kind of things).
Sometimes don,t know if i should be thankful or worried she has not done any thing half as dumb as i have.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But how many "broads" could you jump in the day? I'm thinking if you laid them all side by side today I might be able clear three or four. :laughing7: (But the forth would really be putting her life on the line.)

S

stefen

But how many "broads" could you jump in the day? I'm thinking if you laid them all side by side today I might be able clear three or four. :laughing7: (But the forth would really be putting her life on the line.)[/

If yur using the ole blue pill, yu should at least double that amount in 4 hours...that or ole woody needs to be retired....

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
But how many "broads" could you jump in the day? I'm thinking if you laid them all side by side today I might be able clear three or four. :laughing7: (But the forth would really be putting her life on the line.)[/

If yur using the ole blue pill, yu should at least double that amount in 4 hours...that or ole woody needs to be retired....
Jus what I was thinkin . I could prolly get across at least 5 fresh ones and I don't take any blue pills .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread