omega 8000..power??

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just got my omega 8000 in the mail..put it together and checked it out. noticed the handle was mounted off center. looking down its at 1 o'clock..i was like wow thats really off! i called teknetics and they are sending me another upper shaft. so we will see. so tell me ...does this machine have alot of power?? the reason im asking is i have the mxt pro and the g2 and i can max both of them out in my house and outside. they are smooth at max.. now the omega 8000 once i get it up to 55 to 60 it chatters like crazy. big time emi.even out in my yard where ive never had any problems cranking any machine up, it goes crazy. is this normal? am i supposed to use it with the sensativity 55 to 65? maybe its just chatty like the t2.. well let me know what ya think thanks

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
try changing the frequency it should settle down

Sovgtman

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
:dontknow:

Omega cabling is undershieled and will pickup ALL emi / rfi from electronic or high power lines ....
Sensitivity control is similar to gain , very very sensitive .... Lower power settings around interference can help , freq. Change is miminimal in effect ..

Go to electronics supply store and purchase a set of RFI CHOKE Filters .... They clamp on coil and intercept interference. They are easy to install and remove.

Look at cable of coil and see that you can feel the shield right in the outer skin ... Kinda weak production problem.

I use filter on all of detectors .... Interesting fact I found that the control boc , is not affected only coil cables , no matter which coil you use.

I experimented with control box without coil attached .... Running thru controls ... Right under power lines and high energy equip like short wave transmitter setup and found steady as a rock from interference.

The is an easy mod to try ... Good luck !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread