Omega Automatic Geneve Dynamic Tool 107 and hunk of metal

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had great luck over the years at yard sales, but never much luck with watches.

Paging Jim Don.....today I picked up this Omega Geneve Dynamic Vintage Tool 107 Model. It doesn't work and the stem is broken. However, I see two examples of similar non-working examples that sold for about $200.

Curious what you think of the watch and should I fix it.

MVIMG_20200215_113216~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200215_113144~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200215_113200~2.jpg

I also bought a box of scrap metal that had a very large antique fire nozzle in it. At the bottom was think hunk of what I think is copper. Any idea what this is?

MVIMG_20200215_113248~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200215_113259~2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score!! It is absolutely worth fixing. This is a mono case and the screw back only connects the watch strap which is specific to the style of watch. The crown should be on a two piece stem. You pull out the crown hard and it will disconnect and then you take the crystal off and the movement comes out through the top. Repaired it’s easily and $800-$1000 watch

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I look at it I can see that the movement is turned in the case so the crown is not connecting with the stem. I could probably fix that for you fairly easily if you want at no charge just PM me and we can discuss. Here’s mine ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581799759.165494.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find. I recently saw a vintage Timex in a pawn shop that was very similar to the design of your Omega. At first glance I thought it was that model of Omega, but no it was a 70s era Timex with a price of $18.00 on it.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing score! I agree with Jim Don, you were very low on the valuation. Omegas are very, very collectible in any condition. Yours looks to be in outstanding condition. You scored it at a garage sale, but give us the details. :-) Was it on the table, did you ask? Congratulations.

artslinger

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Jim! I will send you a note.

Looking more closely at it...the crystal has a small crack.

As for the story, this is from an annual church sales that can be amazing. The first year I went there, I pulled an Antonio Pineda bracelet and earring set for a hundred something. The "regulars" in this city only buy for melt. I watched one of them try to haggle, complain about melt, and then pass on it. Then when I buy it, the lady running the sale tells me it was there last year but didn't sell.....too expensive.

So, because of this.....I always go to this sale. This year I was second in line. They only let 5 people into the jewelry section and for 10 minutes at time. They've gotten a lot wiser and priced most of the gold at melt. My first 10 minutes.....nothing special, but then waited in line again and pulled the watch the second time for $6, then waited again and pulled a nice William Spratlng bracelet the third time! Spratling bracelet was $100....again too expensive for the locals. They all tell me "the sales 10 years ago were amazing". I can't even imagine.

Was my best sale in a while. Thanks for looking....bill

MVIMG_20200215_152722~2.jpg
MVIMG_20200215_152846~2.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Jim! I will send you a note.

Looking more closely at it...the crystal has a small crack.

As for the story, this is from an annual church sales that can be amazing. The first year I went there, I pulled an Antonio Pineda bracelet and earring set for a hundred something. The "regulars" in this city only buy for melt. I watched one of them try to haggle, complain about melt, and then pass on it. Then when I buy it, the lady running the sale tells me it was there last year but didn't sell.....too expensive.

So, because of this.....I always go to this sale. This year I was second in line. They only let 5 people into the jewelry section and for 10 minutes at time. They've gotten a lot wiser and priced most of the gold at melt. My first 10 minutes.....nothing special, but then waited in line again and pulled the watch the second time for $6, then waited again and pulled a nice William Spratlng bracelet the third time! Spratling bracelet was $100....again too expensive for the locals. They all tell me "the sales 10 years ago were amazing". I can't even imagine.

Was my best sale in a while. Thanks for looking....bill

View attachment 1801953
View attachment 1801954

Very nice watch. I just sent him one couple weeks ago with the same problem. I thought I broke the stem off and he fixed it and sent it back!

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d fix it and wear it. It’s awesome looking! And by fix it I mean I’d take JimDon up on his offer.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to do it yourself. Use a pin or something and put it in the crown tube. Work it so that the 3 o’clock line is directly in line with the stem tube. The reinsert the crown pushing in somewhat firmly while turning. It should pop in and lock. If not send to me.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice score, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread