May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swung by my local TS and they had this 1951 Omega 14kt gold filled bumper caliber 351 for sale. They wanted $250 but I had a $50 gift card so I bought it for $200. I prefer to pay much less but couldn’t pass up a running Omega for $200. I kind of thought it might be a redial and it is but from a distance is not noticeable. I am still happy with it. I’ll keep an eye out for an original dial. Hopefully I’ll get lucky with a $5 Omega soon like some of you. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512003931.144095.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512003941.420817.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing how much you admire old time pieces, I'd say it was money well spent.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing how much you admire old time pieces, I'd say it was money well spent.

Thanks Tam. The case is really good. Hopefully I will be able to find an original dial. Those guys on Watchuseek are really condescending. It is a redial but I would hardly call this redial “ugly” or “ghastly”. When I look st it I see a nice piece. New pic with polished crystal and new leather strap. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512059668.173686.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tam. The case is really good. Hopefully I will be able to find an original dial. Those guys on Watchuseek are really condescending. It is a redial but I would hardly call this redial “ugly” or “ghastly”. When I look st it I see a nice piece. New pic with polished crystal and new leather strap. View attachment 1521514
Yeah, serious watch people are like any serious firearms or coin people. I've had watch dials redone in black before only because I know it would add maybe as much as $200 more in selling it. It cost $40 the last time I did that. Not everyone looking to purchase a vintage watch cares about the originality, they just want something nice and beautiful looking. I've seen old common vintage Bulova's fixed up polished and re-dailed in colors they never came in go for $500. to $700. on eBay. To me it's like taking an old car from a junk yard and completely modifying with custom paint and fancy wheels. Your watch is what it is and I can't see any point in criticizing it. Good luck finding an original dial. I've tried to do that on some old RR pocket watches and I'm always out bid, because I'm not willing to take the watch higher than the actual value of what it be with a nice free of damage dial.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread