omega DD coil

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digging I have one on mine but I think the stock 10" works better. More consistent on coins quieter. DD coil does seperate alot better and get better coverage on sweeps!

OP
OP
D

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
Thanks for the reply I was thinking about getting another coil and was torn between the DD and a sniper coil for trashy areas.

digging41

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For sure go sniper 5" coil!!

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
I had to stop using my 11 inch coil, always sounded like a orchestra warming up in some areas, to many targets close together.
Switched to the 10 inch and it quieted right down and my finds stayed about the same

Sovgtman

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
:read2:
In the field the 10" stock coil is great , it is a concentric style but have noticed when engaging targets it seems detection field really isn't the typical round to cone shape.
It works as a elliptical shape ( even better ) it can work around multiple targets without competing too much with what's in the detection field .
The 11 " works to cover more ground per sweep but really can perform in the worst ground.
The 5" inch is the dark horse .... cherry picker heaven ! This goes deep ... I'm not going to give dumb air test findings but in the ground it rocks ... If I didn't know better I'd think sunray made this coil.

It compares to my s-5 intruder coil for my sov gt. I love that thing.
I use the stock 10 coil more than the 11".

Bottom line : 11" is a hot coil , sometimes a little too hot some soils.
Ran less sens. settings in same soil as stock coil.
Which I thought was a little odd.

OP
OP
D

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
Looks like I will be getting that 5 inch coil. Will help out immensely in trashy areas of which there is many. Thanks for the input

digging41

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread