OMEGA Watch... Finally after 2 years of searching!

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally after years of searching thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales, and all places in between I came across one of the items on my bucket list... A Men's Omega Watch!!!

As luck would have it I found it less than a mile from my house at a garage sale at the bottom of a box full of junk jewelry.

I haven't had a chance to take the back off yet and was wondering if anyone knew the approx date and model of this Watch? I'm guessing early 1950's?

Case is silver in color and has black face with gold accents and Red sec. hand....

I would like to keep this and wear it but have no idea how to go about the restoration. I definitely don't want to ruin the Watch... I know that sometimes if do to much it can be bad.

The good
Running
Case is in decent condition

Bad
Missing glass
Missing band
Damage to face

I would really appreciate some advice seeing this is my 1st omega and unfamiliar territory.

I'll try and get the back off and post pictures of the movement this weekend.... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495291440.210272.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a shame! To get the watch running with a new dial and Crystal Will probably cost you 800 if it's a factory certified repair shop. If you take it to a local guy just to put a crystal on it and clean up the dial a bit you might get it done for well under $100. It looks to be a mid 60s Seamaster type. They sell in good condition around $400. You might be able to sell it as a repair project and get about 100 for it. Unless of course it it's a rare caliber movement.

OP
OP
NWpickin

NWpickin

Aug 27, 2014
Seattle, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JimDon, I figured it was little risk at $5.... It's sad to see it in such poor shape but depending on the movement I might just put a few hundred in it and wear it.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JimDon, I figured it was little risk at $5.... It's sad to see it in such poor shape but depending on the movement I might just put a few hundred in it and wear it.

Honestly I would just clean off the dial and put a Crystal on it. It is honest wear. Congrats

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a shame! To get the watch running with a new dial and Crystal Will probably cost you 800 if it's a factory certified repair shop. If you take it to a local guy just to put a crystal on it and clean up the dial a bit you might get it done for well under $100. It looks to be a mid 60s Seamaster type. They sell in good condition around $400. You might be able to sell it as a repair project and get about 100 for it. Unless of course it it's a rare caliber movement.

Yes the Omega Seamasters are extremely expensive to repair and should only ever be done by Omega.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread