OMG HOW DO YOU POSSIBLY CRH !

Mrs.CRH

Jul 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
My hands, ears, & eyes =D
Primary Interest:
Other
My back always kills me when CRH'ing but if I'm doing it in the car then not so much. Sometimes I have to sit on the couch & do it....but yes when I'm doing it at the table I have to take breaks.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I just lay right on the floor, two containers, and a box of pennies. one container gets the empty rolls, (trash you could call it) other gets pennies I don't want... Keep the keepers in eyesight (: Need some inspiration!

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'm young, and I have to take a break after going through $50 of cents by hand because my neck starts killing me. I don't like doing it on the floor, too hard, since I have all hardwood floors. I sit in a nice padded chair though. :D

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My back always kills me when CRH'ing but if I'm doing it in the car then not so much. Sometimes I have to sit on the couch & do it....but yes when I'm doing it at the table I have to take breaks.

+1, after the first box of hunching at the kitchen table and date checking, I gotta get up and walk around, you know your getting old when it hurts to sit down for a while, lol. Maverick.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get to the gym and do some lat pulldowns :-)

Just like at work you need to make sure you are ergonomically aligned for any task. I never get aches from CRHing, Muay Thai takes care of that.

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I sit on the floor in front of the couch on a pillow with the coffee table pulled up to my chest. The coins are right at chin level, no straining to see and no hunching.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I sit on the floor in front of the couch on a pillow with the coffee table pulled up to my chest. The coins are right at chin level, no straining to see and no hunching.

LOL, that's what I do, only with a magnifying lamp to help out. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get to the gym and do some lat pulldowns :-)

Just like at work you need to make sure you are ergonomically aligned for any task. I never get aches from CRHing, Muay Thai takes care of that.
I work out 4 days a week just dropped 30 pounds so doubt that gonna help,much.

Yeah, I think the chin level thing would work and also laying down on the carpet if you have it would not be so bad either. But I'll tell yea after 2 weeks of sitting on the couch hunched over the coffee table isn't gonna work. LOL I'll be outta the league faster than Maurice clarrette if I don't find a more ergonomically correct position to CRH. Letsbgetbsome more people chiming in. I know this isn't just me feeling the pain out there. Ideas people !

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Bigheed, but my back hurts from mowing 12-15 yards a day by myself, walking a couple miles in the process with a stick edger, and then a blower on my back, and scrapping metal in between mowing for CRHing money, the last thing I wanna do is go lift anything, except a roll coins, lol.

I think it's going to be a strain no matter how you do it, trying to date search is just a pain after an hour or so of sorting coin, you're sitting in the same spot doing the same thing and trying to focus on a small object for an extended amount of time, you're gona feel something. Now the people that just edge search may have it a little easier, thats just my opinion though ( or 2 cents if you will). If there's an easier way, I'd like to know too. HH, Maverick.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
...without destroying your neck and back hunched over going through coins......ouch it killing me!
.......oh just found me my first war nickel! That helps ease the pain ! Weeeeeeeeee

I'm sure that is what's helping ease the pain... I bet you are just saying that and you rode down the road in your car with a pinwheel yelling "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" :laughing7:

What I do when I'm searching halves, I sit at my dining room table (nice straight chairs) and when I do nickels or dimes or cents, I lay in the floor and do them one roll at a time dumping them onto a white piece of scrap paper. I search them one at a time, then re-roll. Takes a while, but it's still fun. My skin is severely allergic to nickel, but if I don't do that, my fingers break out.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that is what's helping ease the pain... I bet you are just saying that and you rode down the road in your car with a pinwheel yelling "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" :laughing7:

What I do when I'm searching halves, I sit at my dining room table (nice straight chairs) and when I do nickels or dimes or cents, I lay in the floor and do them one roll at a time dumping them onto a white piece of scrap paper. I search them one at a time, then re-roll. Takes a while, but it's still fun. My skin is severely allergic to nickel, but if I don't do that, my fingers break out.

You need to wear latex or nitrile gloves. Unless your allergic to those too. Luckily I am not and I have an in limited free supply as i use a crap ton of them at work.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to wear latex or nitrile gloves. Unless your allergic to those too. Luckily I am not and I have an in limited free supply as i use a crap ton of them at work.

It's not like a food or bug allergy (reaction-wise), just having them in prolonged contact with my skin makes my hands look really bad. When I was a baby, my mom had to be careful of what kinds of pajamas she bought me. If they were the ones with the metal snaps on them, they would break me out bad and I would have tons of little red circles from the snaps on my body. I'm allergic to nothing else, but I like just laying in the floor. :)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amateurs...:laughing7:

Couch, good lighting, one box of halves in my lap, 10 others on the floor, coinlok on the floor next to me, pile of silver getting bigger, history channel on the tele...heaven.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Amateurs...:laughing7:

Couch, good lighting, one box of halves in my lap, 10 others on the floor, coinlok on the floor next to me, pile of silver getting bigger, history channel on the tele...heaven.

You forgot about the beer and the huge Tony Montana-sized mountain of coke near by. :laughing7: It gives you energy!!!! Lol.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I stand and CRH. Each roll gets cracked open like an egg, quick rim check, sound check, transfer to bag, fed label, off to the bank.

OP
OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got hardwood floor, and I'm 15.. =P Someone needs to work on neck muscle? o.O
Haha a 15 year telling a grown man who works out regularly to work my neck muscle. Just give it a few years. Everybody feels great when they a 15 see me in 20-30 years son...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread