OMG MY FIRST CIVIL WAR BULLET (SO SO HAPPY)

356rmb

Jan 16, 2017
NEPA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT/MAX, APEX, ACE 350 WITH A DD COIL,TEKNETICS DELTA 4000,
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IT FINITELY HAPPENED I'VE BEEN HUNTING DOWN WHERE THE BATTLE OF WYOMING TOOK PLACE. I BEEN HUNTING OVER THERE FOR A FEW DAYS NOW AND BASICALLY JUST FINDING A BUNCH OF TRASH BUT STILL DETERMINED TO FIND SOME RELICS. AND THEN I GOT A HIT WAS ABOUT 6 INCHES DOWN AND AS SOON AS I TURNED THE PLUG OVER IT WAS RIGHT AT THE TOP I COULD'NT BELIEVE IT, ALSO IN THE SAME HOLE I FOUND THIS ABOUT 4 MORE INCHES DOWN.YEA IT WAS DEFINITELY A GREAT DAY I KNOW ONE I'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER. :hello2: :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

IMG_1856.JPGIMG_1852.JPGIMG_1866.JPG

Upvote 14
Always exciting finding your first.
Congrats

Nice three ringer. Just imagine the last man that held it before you picked it out of the dirt. Always gives me chills.

I only see two rings

however I know the joy! I found my first ones (8) this year

Nice three ringer. Just imagine the last man that held it before you picked it out of the dirt. Always gives me chills.

it was such a great feeling I still get the chills every time I look at it lol

Congratulations!! :occasion14:

Congrats!! I remember my first like it was yesterday. Awesome feeling!!

Congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

Looks like a modern semi wadcutter to me.....

The bullet appears to be an unfired 1870s/80s .44-40 bullet for Winchester Model-1873 Rifle or Marlin Rifle, manufactured by Winchester. Here's a photo of an original 1890s packet of them, except these are hollow-nose, and they have "reeding" or "knurling" in the bullet's body-grooves.
bullet_POSTWAR_44-40-for-Winchester1873Rifle_2-reeded-grooves_UMC44HollowPt.jpg

DirtyMike 5375941 said:
Just want to help make sure what you found is a period bullet. Could you post a picture of the base?

I'VE BEEN DOING A LITTLE MORE HOME WORK ON IT appears to be an unfired 1870s/80s .44-40 bullet for Winchester Model-1873 Rifle or Marlin Rifle, manufactured by Winchester. Here's a photo of an original 1890s packet of them, except these are hollow-nose, and they have "reeding" or "knurling" in the bullet's body-grooves. BUT OVER ALL I'AM STILL TICKLE PINK ABOUT IT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP RICH
bullet_POSTWAR_44-40-for-Winchester1873Rifle_2-reeded-grooves_UMC44HollowPt.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back