On a roll....another Silver Mercury Dime today and a few clad.....Happy Me.

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With my Whites MX5 found in an old city park in a very small town in SW Georgia......clad was 13 quarters, 16 dimes, 40 cents and the 1945 Merc in nice shape......makes me 2 silver mercs in 2 days.....I need to keep this going...:laughing7:.

005.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

HH
Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs. I Love Mercs!

Thanks for sharing

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go! That merc looks like it is in decent shape. congrats

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice the absence of nickles do you just hit the high signals then do the tedious work another time?

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I notice the absence of nickles do you just hit the high signals then do the tedious work another time?

Hi Steve......thanks for asking:

Quote from my previous posting on the Stage 1 and Stage 2 method that I am currently using with high discrimination on Stage 1:
"What nickels?.....so you noticed the absence of nickels and trash.....lol.......The last 4 months, since I received the VDI Whites MX5, I have been working my own priority plan of recovering targets to cut down on excessive digging and trash, that works for me in 2 stages......1st stage recover ALL clad & silver dollars, halfs, quarters, dimes, 95% copper cents & silver jewelry, then 2nd stage, return and grid in ALL metal to recover nickels, gold and alot of trash and digging. But this works for me as I just turned 73 last week and have been doing this over 44 years.......I love the silver coins and cannot hunt as many hours as I used to at one outing.....and most nickels & indianhead cents don't come out of the ground in very good condition, So it is about the gold rings for me. However on the beach, I always hunt in All metal and dig everything, because percentage of rings lost there are much higher.......Just my personal method that I use for only the areas close to where I live, that I keep going back.....because we all know an area is NEVER cleaned out, as experience and equipment improvements continue in the future & high traffic areas like school grounds, playgrounds, tot-lots, sports fields, parks, beaches, etc. coin & jewelry drops happen daily. .......Good Luck & Happy Hunting to ALL".

Thanks for your comments.
Bill

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your reasoning I agree in all aspects it makes a lot of sense to do it that way.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting