On a roll right now! 1937 Merc, 1866 IHC and a really toasted IHC!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the same field where I found gold and silver rings yesterday. No jewelry today and I only found 66 cents! But the good news is that three of the coins were keepers!

Best find was a 1937 Merc. It was only 4 inches down right in the middle of the field. Don't know how I missed it before today. Looks to be in very good condition with a nice patina on it.

Next find was an 1866 IHC. Not too bad, but I nicked the obverse with my digger when I cut the plug. It happens sometimes. At least it wasn't an 1877!

Lastly, we have the sad and pathetic toasted Indian! Only rang up as a 74, so I was thinking zincoln Lincoln. Nice surprise to get an IHC, but it is really toasted! No way will I ever know the date on that coin. Oh well, not a bad day overall.

Here's a few pics:

37 merc dirty.JPG 37 merc dirty back.JPG 37 merc clean.JPG 37 merc back clean.JPG 1866 indian.JPG 1866 indian back.JPG 1866 ihc clean.JPG 1866 ihc clean back.JPG no date indian.JPG no date indian back.JPG no date ihc clean.JPG no date ihc back clean.JPG

Upvote 7

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your finds. It's too bad about the second IH. I've got one that is in great condition on the back but the face looks like petrified bubble gum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions