on a serious note are boot leg metal detectors any good

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
i have heard certain countrys are copying well know brands and selling them cheapo and i mean big discount city some of these so called bargains come with headphones trowels and such are these any good i mean they are copies so why are they labelled as cheapo pieces of crapo i just wonder if some guys/gals are hitting gold city with these things and claiming it was a genuine branded md that did the deed.

Upvote 0

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
yup, you caught us, that is what everybody is doing. We all have bootleg machines with no warranty and cheap parts and are finding the greatest of treasures. We are saying we have expensive machines as a status symbol. You uncovered the conspiracy, I guess we can all go home now.

B

BIG61AL

Why buy a cheapo bootleg? Was it built using new electronics or crap salvaged from radios and TVs. Was it built with quality control or by some guy slapping solder all over the place? No thanks!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Nope, I use Fisher and Whites. Occasionally, I'll try out my son's Bounty Hunter. I have picked up el cheapo knockoffs before at garage sales, just to see if they can do anything. there is a really good reason you can buy these things all day long for 5 bucks at garage sales. One of them wouldn't even pick up a quarter at 4 inches!!!!! I kid you not.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure they are if you just have too much money and need to get rid of a few dollars or you are in need of an expensive door stop.

ed D.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Please tell me you just enjoy making these posts to see what kind of reaction you get and not because you are serious?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if they are any good or not.

Feel free to send all your Bootleg Detectors to me.

And I will test them for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread