On button

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I just got my simplex. Had it out about 3 times, due to frost. Today I had trouble with the ON button. It takes about 6 tries(average) to get the power on. The same button works fine for OFF and for sensitivity reduction. It hasnā€™t been dropped, mistreated, etc. I wondered if others had an issue or if Iā€™m doing something wrong? I hold it 3-4 seconds like the book says. Any input appreciated. I did email the seller. I just wanted to see if this was a frequent issue.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I just got my simplex. Had it out about 3 times, due to frost. Today I had trouble with the ON button. It takes about 6 tries(average) to get the power on. The same button works fine for OFF and for sensitivity reduction. It hasnā€™t been dropped, mistreated, etc. I wondered if others had an issue or if Iā€™m doing something wrong? I hold it 3-4 seconds like the book says. Any input appreciated. I did email the seller. I just wanted to see if this was a frequent issue.
Up-date: it seems to be fine now. I did the 6 second reset meant to use if machine is unresponsive. Had to try that twice. Iā€™ve tried the ON button a few times today. One push every time now.

Reactions: RwP
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Up
Up-date: it seems to be fine now. I did the 6 second reset meant to use if machine is unresponsive. Had to try that twice. Iā€™ve tried the ON button a few times today. One push every time now.
Up-date #2. Still had the problem. ON/OFF works fine in the house when nothing else is done. Took outside to hunt today. Got beeps, pinpointed with Simplex, shut off while digging. Would not turn ON for many tries. Once ON, wouldnā€™t shut off. Kept coming back ON. Anyone ever see this? Or am I just lucky?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread