Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to locate the sandborn maps for my area here.. I have been to two libraries and was informed that all the maps for my area are in Trenton.. So, what the heck am I supposed to do, drive up to trenton?? Has anyone else come across this problem down here.. and No they are not online either on the sanborn site.. any suggestions guys n gals as I am seriously trying to figure out the research end of all this to make my hunting better.

thank you in advance
Booty

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you Limo bob,
I have that link and go firgure my town isnt in it.. was told again, its in trenton.. cant find towns name or even any of the old names for my town.. so I just wing it..

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something I figured out about online searching Booty.....sometimes what you're looking for is burried pages deep.

With Google, my main search engine, a term in search will kick up several hundred, if not thousands, of pages.

I then begin using the "Search within Results" to narrow the field and I use the booleen(sp?) characters to narrow it even more.

I recently found a town very close to me on a map from 1860 that no current information is available. It's a ghost town now.

I've actually browsed the pages by Google, 30 pages deep looking for that one obscure site that contains some info. It's painstaking but worth the effort.

Google has digitized books that only came up back in the later pages....and they had hand drawn images and stuff to get an idea of what might have been there.

Online is great, but that doesnt mean every thing is there. A good rainy day would mean a trip to the library.

Also try plugging in towns next to you and see if those sites dont have mention of where you are. Again, I gleened info on this ghost town from mention by historians on how this town related to that.

Good Luck,
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions