On this day of Christmas....my detector gave to me!

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
....two silver things!!!!

It's one of those Christmas' that the family is out of state visiting the other side of the family. Nothing to do but drag the wife out in the dreary drizzle and chilly weather. I just had a good feeling about today and the spot I wanted to hunt, which I have yet to thoroughly work.

I armed my wife with a digger and the Pro-pointer....and I went to swingin the VX3. The very first target netted a small sterling cross.... a half hour flater my wife and I dug down 9" to a 1 1/2" diameter coin. OH BOY!! we carefully uncovered the item... but couldnt get it out... I finally dug under it so I could get my fingers under it and yanked out a piston. DOH!

My wife was starting to not like the weather.... so I knew the hunt was soon over. I started working my way back to the car and hit a really iffy signal. I got an iron reading ..then 6" away I got a high 80's. I thought I had two targets. My wife and dug the spot near the good signal...but nothing was there.... she worked the pinpointer over toward the junk signal and burrowed the side of the hole and....taaaadaaaa. 15.84 grams of FFA Sterling ring.

Attachments

• Christmassilver.jpg
    Christmassilver.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,050
Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds ! I found an FFA ring just like that this year and it is a hunker :headbang:
Merry Christmas !!
Glen

AdamBuchanan

Jun 22, 2010
Keystone Heights, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lakemonster ! congrats on the silver ! ,, I to have found that same exact FFA ring style.. to a T .. I dug mine from an old dried lake bed swimming hole.... about 15 years ago.. does your ring have a state on the ring, I'm at work right now so I can't look at mine, but think I have the state of Florida on the side somewhere ?? Great find ! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Lakemonster

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks All!

The ring does not have anything on it relating to state.

The inside is marked Balfour over Sterling.

Dug1898

Sep 27, 2011
Fingerlakes Region, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-X2 &
Los Banos Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I lost a silver crusifix just like that once, that could be it! Naw, that can't be it...I've never been to Texas, lol.
My aunt Kate the nun aka Sister Robertine gave it to me long ago. Great finds, silver comes out of the ground soo clean, it's amazing. Good job :coffee2:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I lost a ring just like that in 1982. now, I'd like to know how it got to texas from minnesota. LOL

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, Jeremy, let's keep down the good stuff until you get back so you can share with me!! Seriously, great job and great finds! Are you still gone?
Supposed to have some good weather this week, we need to jump on some areas that we haven't hit yet.......see if we can stumble upone the mother load!!
Give me a shout when you are back and not working!

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, Lakemonster. I found my only silver FFA ring, like yours, many years ago while hunting around a rodeo grounds/youth fair barn in a small central Texas town.
~Texas Jay

Tsondru

Oct 19, 2011
Soquel, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 240
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds there and nice team work between you and your wife :icon_thumleft:

Here's hoping in 2012 that your detector brings you TONS of wonderful finds

sultan of silver

Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AdamBuchanan said:
Lakemonster ! congrats on the silver ! ,, I to have found that same exact FFA ring style.. to a T .. I dug mine from an old dried lake bed swimming hole.... about 15 years ago.. does your ring have a state on the ring, I'm at work right now so I can't look at mine, but think I have the state of Florida on the side somewhere ?? Great find ! :icon_thumright:
I also found a FFA ring at the lake , but has no state on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread