Once again, when you donate items or sell, please search them thoroughly!!!!

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
This is the fourth time in the past month that I have bought something from a thrift shop or yard sale that had VERY personal information inside.
This time it was a small bedside table. When I pulled out the drawer to smooth out the tread, out popped someone's medical receipts. This included their name, address, birthdate and social security number!
This is all the information necessary for identity theft.
I have worked for years as a Paralegal and have seen the havoc this can do to someone's life. It can take years to repair this kind of damage to your credit!!!!! :dontknow:

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Take a few moments and search anything you donate or sell thoroughly!!!!

Those few moments can save you years of repairing your credit.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
It's the same with cars I don't know how many times I bought an old car for parts or to fix up and there would be something with all kinds of personal info. Including blank checks. If you sell a car check under the seats and everyplace you can think of.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here I check the pockets at thrift stores for change. :laughing7:

I carry a knife in every coat I own for those just in case things that happen. I know when I croak my daughter in law will give the clothes to Good Will and someone will be getting some very good knives besides nice coats.

OP
OP
Emileel

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
and once again.......today, in a small carry on piece of luggage, I found.........wait for it........a passport!!!!!!!!!!

Geeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz :dontknow:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, it's nice reading a thread where everything said is useful and nice. This is why TreasureNet is such a damn fine site. Kudos.
Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread