GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Griz,

I'll take a Macallan single malt...there you go compromise in the making.

Regards + HH

Bill

Not bad sir, but right now I'm considering oppening a treasured bottle of Clynelish. 14 years old before I got it and I've held on to it for a few years now.

Regards

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
No felons is already the law. As far as ammo more or less than 100, do you mean in total owned/ carried/ stored? or do you mean in a magazine?

DieselRam: I know there are already laws. This is just an exercise. I'm pretending that we are the lawmakers. Let us have a discussion. What we decide will become new law (pretend.) You start on the fully auto rifles as you know more then I do. Lets leave it right now as, No restrictions at all, for anybody, any ammo, on any AR-fully. Felons can own them, smurfs can own them....where would you like to start?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay Crispin you are going to fight the current MMA UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon "Bones" Jones for 5 rounds, but your going to compromise, you have to fight him with your right hand tied to your side as a compromise...............

Deal, I agree to your compromise. But you have to agree to mine. I get to inject 10mg of IV ativan 20minutes prior to the fight. That should even the odds.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DieselRam: I know there are already laws. This is just an exercise. I'm pretending that we are the lawmakers. Let us have a discussion. What we decide will become new law (pretend.) You start on the fully auto rifles as you know more then I do. Lets leave it right now as, No restrictions at all, for anybody, any ammo, on any AR-fully. Felons can own them, smurfs can own them....where would you like to start?

Crispin, please forgive me as I have been up since 1 am this morning and am on track to put in about a hundred hour work week this week (my busy time of the year) I just thought we were debating the second and not pretending to write it. As far a fully auto goes I think as long as not a felon, all is fine with you owning them. However owning any weapons comes with great reponsibillity. Ammo is wide open.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Deal, I agree to your compromise. But you have to agree to mine. I get to inject 10mg of IV ativan 20minutes prior to the fight. That should even the odds.

Same effect as a gun in the hands of a house wife against home invader....

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin, please forgive me as I have been up since 1 am this morning and am on track to put in about a hundred hour work week this week (my busy time of the year) I just thought we were debating the second and not pretending to write it. As far a fully auto goes I think as long as not a felon, all is fine with you owning them. However owning any weapons comes with great reponsibillity. Ammo is wide open.

Wow, get some rest my friend. Shall we continue this another night? the mistake was probably mine, I should have made it clearer.

Crispin

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Same effect as a gun in the hands of a house wife against home invader....

Very true, you need a license to own a gun and you need a license to inject ativan IV.

Ok Dave, thanks for waiting patiently. Fire away with the examples, aim for the whites of their eyes.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I agree with the sawed off shotgun thing. I'm okay with semi-auto rifles in general. Lets nail done some specifics:
1. Do we limit ammo?
2. Do we make semi-auto harder to obtain then the previously mentioned weapons?

Dave or anybody else, feel free to jump in, this is where the wicket gets sticky.

1. What will it solve?

2. See above ^

Diggummup: Not sure exactly what you mean. I'm not talking about solving problems yet...we are just talking about compromising. When we get to a point where we can't compromise then we get into solving; plus, Dave is dying to give us lots of examples.

Crispin
Okay then how's this...

1.No
2. No

Dave,
Thanks for the serious reply. I did read that story. Dangerous to cite yahoo around here...too main stream.
1. Okay we agree that limits must be placed. Lets start at the bottom and work our way up. Should felons have access to guns?
2. Unlimited ammo, hmmm, I don't like the idea. Is it possible for a magazine to hold 100 rounds? If so, I think we need to limit them, what say you? On this one we can start at the top and work our way down.

Crispin
More straight answers,

1. Yes, if the offense was non-violent, the person a first time offender and a minimum set amount of time has passed since they were convicted.

2.No limits.

Last edited:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe some felons should be able to own guns once again, it really depends on what they did. if they murdered someone they probably shouldnt have a gun again. Another thing is dishonorably discharged military should be able to own guns as well. If you served in the military regardless of whatever reason you are being discharged you should be able to own a gun, unless you murdered someone.

100 round drum mags are fun to shoot but impractical and once again a waste of bullets. Alot of them are not designed well and have a tendance to jam. I had a 100 round clip for a .22 and it sucked.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes, continuing on another night would be best. What I meant by ammo is wide open is unrestricted. After reading my post I could see how that could be seen as a area for compromise. Have fun everyone
~Dieselram94

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
1. What will it solve?

2. See above ^[

Okay then how's this...

1.No
2. No
/QUOTE]

More straight answers,

1. Yes, if the offense was non-violent, the person a first time offender and a minimum set amount of time has passed since they were convicted.

2.No limits.

Okay.
1. How much time is a minimum? Do sexual predators count as violent? I don't want them having guns.
2. You don't think 100 rounds is a bit excessive? What do you need that many for? Are we talking about fully auto -AR?

Thanks for participating.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You asked how many rounds.. All you can carry if need be.

I only carry 10 in one clip. but you see, I no longer live near the southern border, If I did I would look like a swat member. I have a friend who has a ranch in Del Rio,, I haven't talked with him in ages, but he said he quit going there at all! lives in Austin now. As the sign I posted in Arizona said,, it is dangerous, the border is porous and there are alot of problems down there.

I am pretty sure you can't own a weapon in Mexico, or maybe nothing above a .22

But look at this mayor there, just on the other side.

Maria Santos Gorrostieta Dead: Former Mexico Mayor Found Tortured, Murdered In Michoacan

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In reality circumstances dictate your level of preparedness, Ammo gets heavy.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Current regulations while followed only by the law abiding cover a lot of ground. While that affects them,what is available to criminals?
When is the last time the "pipe line"was discussed? Stolen locally (U.S). weapons are used in some crimes,but a supply exists even were all guns banned.those using them will not give a hoot about gun control. While stupid fast and furious was chump change compared to what the cartels have access to. Rest assured if they wanted to smuggle artillery into this country they would. create the illegal demand and the market will respond. I,m not paranoid but have no desire to picture myself calling on the phone for help then sitting quietly waiting to be found a victim. The unarmed bodies are not that far away. death has crossed the border as well. Its enough to see the effect of crime on the unarmed for me. We have crime,not just casual or by chance but planned and organized. Unsolved murders in my rural area within a good rifles range has us wondering who's being targeted and why. Despite legal litigation following using deadly force i,m in no humor to have less odds than my aggressor. Those odds(choice of weapon and capacity )remain an unknown. Funny they don,t tell us. Similar to the prison escapees who stopped a mile or so away to steal a vehicle(unconfirmed reports of multiple break ins in same area related) and continued their spree farther south stealing of course guns. We find out on the news after they are gone. I want options besides a phone. limits on options? Not with out guarantee of not needing superior fire power. L.a. race riot business owners when the police were ordered to leave the area were not interested in limits either.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You asked how many rounds.. All you can carry if need be.

I only carry 10 in one clip. but you see, I no longer live near the southern border, If I did I would look like a swat member. I have a friend who has a ranch in Del Rio,, I haven't talked with him in ages, but he said he quit going there at all! lives in Austin now. As the sign I posted in Arizona said,, it is dangerous, the border is porous and there are alot of problems down there.

I am pretty sure you can't own a weapon in Mexico, or maybe nothing above a .22

But look at this mayor there, just on the other side.

Maria Santos Gorrostieta Dead: Former Mexico Mayor Found Tortured, Murdered In Michoacan

There are no words to describe that sadness. That bag on her abdomen is a colostomy from small or large bowel resection. May she find peace in the afterlife.

I'm done for the night. I don't have the heart to continue after that.

Crispin

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Griz,

Now you're teasing me.......a true story just to lighten things up somewhat.....back in my working career business trip to Calgary and I knew my boss at the time like single malt Scotch.....so this restaurant/pub had and entire wall loaded with high end single malt Scotch....the stuff of dreams....I suggested he get a 12 year old MacCallan single malt with a nice sherry after taste.....

Not a violent type but the yahoo served it up with ice and water......I almost chocked him....ice and water on the side not in the single malt.....just not done in polite circles.

Regards + HH

Bill

Not bad sir, but right now I'm considering oppening a treasured bottle of Clynelish. 14 years old before I got it and I've held on to it for a few years now.

Regards

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a lighter one. The guy thought this little girl was "Gratis".. He knew she was in there, He must have been pretty surprised that Mr Colt made them equal, huh?
Okla. girl, 12, shot home intruder while hiding in closet, police say - Crimesider - CBS News

Sorry to bum you out Crispin. You do have empathy. Have empathy for the plight of those that are about to lose all they ever had? Unless they have leverage they could never compete in a life or death struggle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread