One and a half Coronets

Blitz

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wednesday the 14th was a nice detecting day in central Pa. I got out to a new site that I have been eyeballing for a little while now. After swinging in the field for about an hour I heard the telltale iron patch. Two quick early to mid 1800's flatbuttons told me approximately what I was up against. Then i got a decent 79 vdi on my Whites Vision which turned out to be a cut 1837 Coronet. Unusual to be cut that late in our countries history. It wasn't long after that is when the nicer 1822 Coronet popped out. I love how the signagraph on the vision lines up perfectly for a coin. It's good to be back on the forum. Some of you may remember me as Colonial Copper Zeus. I figured that it was time to turn a page. Thanks for checking out this thread.
Chris

Attachments

• 002 (800x600).jpg
    002 (800x600).jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 003 (800x600).jpg
    003 (800x600).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 1

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Blitz said:
Wednesday the 14th was a nice detecting day in central Pa. I got out to a new site that I have been eyeballing for a little while now. After swinging in the field for about an hour I heard the telltale iron patch. Two quick early to mid 1800's flatbuttons told me approximately what I was up against. Then i got a decent 79 vdi on my Whites Vision which turned out to be a cut 1837 Coronet. Unusual to be cut that late in our countries history. It wasn't long after that is when the nicer 1822 Coronet popped out. I love how the signagraph on the vision lines up perfectly for a coin. It's good to be back on the forum. Some of you may remember me as Colonial Copper Zeus. I figured that it was time to turn a page. Thanks for checking out this thread.
Chris

Real nice handful of stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread