One better find from a few years back

Hidden_Realm

Oct 18, 2009
Niagara, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab
While sifting one of my sites a few years back, I got down to a depth of 2 feet and hit a large rock. After flipping the rock up and out of the way, this was laying there looking up at me. Sad as it's in two pieces and frail, but still worth the effort to find. After being in the bank for a long time, I brought it home to take a few photos. It's a British cartridge plate but just never looked into it much yet as to what regiment. It measures about 4" high and 2" wide. Slowly hope to dig out more items and post here when time lets me, but for now, enjoy.

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 647
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condition is nice, but just to dig one is great! Two pieces ain't so bad that way, easy to fix. (view from the back ain't a big deal)

Here's my earlier one.

Attachments

• zzgr_plate.jpg
    zzgr_plate.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 609
  • zzgr_plate.jpg
    zzgr_plate.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 606
OP
OP
Hidden_Realm

Hidden_Realm

Oct 18, 2009
Niagara, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I like your type of plate better and sad was bent also. I did think of having it repaired to save the rest and reattach the top, but never got around to it or know where to get that done right. Might just end up in my case the way it is and think about it later on when I find a few more :icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hidden_Realm said:
I like your type of plate better and sad was bent also. I did think of having it repaired to save the rest and reattach the top, but never got around to it or know where to get that done right. Might just end up in my case the way it is and think about it later on when I find a few more :icon_thumright:

You like mine better, because it is better, Rev War better. ;D It's a very good memory digging that, quite a few years ago now and I sure would love to find another!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions