Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey I just saw that you are up in Colfax, beautiful area there. :)
I plan to visit that area next season for a weekend.

OP
OP
419GottaMinute

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet! Shoot me a pm around the time your heading thus way, maybe we can dig a little dirt together!

bobup

Jul 28, 2012
California ( Northern)
Detector(s) used
Whites MX7, Tesoro Bandido II umax, Diablo umax, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Count me in too....I'm in the bay area and need to head to the hills and get me a sluice/ pan fix
Bob

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like we might be able to make a locals forum trip out of it next season. :)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Revisiting an old thread, we are heading up to Yankee Jim's Bridge today, seems like a good day to go up and check it out.
We should be there by 1pm. :)

I dont know if we will get anything with the bazooka, its my first time up there but at least we are getting out to have some winter fun. :)

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Neo, hope you got settled in Sac. without too much moving trauma. You'll have to kick some snow out of your way on the shady side! Have fun.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Neo, hope you got settled in Sac. without too much moving trauma. You'll have to kick some snow out of your way on the shady side! Have fun.

Thanks, its been a tough move and I hurt my back a bit but its been better the last 2 days.
Very little snow was left up there, just in the more shaded area's but the ground in some area's is hard as a rock right now.
Its beautiful up there. :)

Neo your up in my neck of the woods Maybe I ll see you around

Awesome, I hope to see you too, perhaps we could snipe together one day. :)

Havnt been to Yankee Jims in the better part of a year, heard a rumor that they now CHARGE to get in there?!

Yup, there is a sign there asking for $10 dollars for the day till noon the next, same with Mineral Bar. You can buy the year round permit which was $80 but I heard that it is $120 now, I plan on buying the permit.

Hey does anyone know if the creek that runs along the road going to Yankee Jims worth working? I saw a lot of good bedrock but some of it is private property.
There are two properties for sale on the way down that have been 1000% destroyed by vandals, trash everywhere and down in the creek that runs along the road, really sad to see. :(

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh I forgot to mention that I didnt get a chance to sluice and just ended up exploring a lot and taking notes of where I wanted to come back and try.
I then went up to Mineral Bar and walked down and dug out a hole in the bedrock about the size of a soup bowl and found some color in it, about $5 dollars worth or so.
There had been a lot of people cleaning the bedrock and I guess they thought the little one wasnt worth it. :)

It was pretty high up to from normal levels so it was probably flood gold.

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey does anyone know if the creek that runs along the road going to Yankee Jims worth working? I saw a lot of good bedrock but some of it is private property.
There are two properties for sale on the way down that have been 1000% destroyed by vandals, trash everywhere and down in the creek that runs along the road, really sad to see. Neo, The feeder creek is brunch creek and it is my understanding that it is mostly private property. I have seen people prospect the creek and a few die hards but I have not personally tried digging in that creek.. It is sad that ARSA decided to make yankee jims a pay to park and even more sadder that this last year (since ARSA took a finacial interest in Yankee jims the area is now becoming a den for people who dump trash and vandalize..) I am truly amazed how these people can get away with profitig on the free labor of volunteers such as myself and some other individuals who take it upon themselves to walk farther then the cash box to pick up trash. And rely on us to clear trails ect. ect ect,, Anyway I have some knowledge of parking that is only a 5min in extra walk and you don't have to pay.. I strongly urge you to save your money. Also their are 4 mine openining on the colfax side of yankeee jims? did you see them all!

OP
OP
419GottaMinute

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bunch creek (or brushy creek, depending on the map) is a bust. Ran about 30 pans there this summer and only got fly speck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread