cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...man, what an awesome morning. braved the biting wind to search my (now) favorite field, where for the first hour i couldn't find much of anything (except two 2002 state quarters). almost bagged it to head to another field, when i found probably the best button i've ever come across. not even sure what it is, i figured some of you guys might recognize. no maker, but it does say "standard color treble gilt".

cg.11.17.06.4.jpg

i'm afraid to clean it and not sure how to actually...

anyway, now reinvigorated, i moved across to the other end where in the past i haven't found anything but clad. no sooner did i start swinging i was rewarded with a great coin signal, and up pops a 1832 nova scotia half penny token! what the...? i haven't found anything older than early 1900's here, but obviously there was some activity before then.

not ten feet away i get a teeny little signal, but strong nonetheless...

cg.11.17.06.3.jpg

are you kidding me?! 1749 half reale, down about ten inches. beats my oldest to date coin by 31 years! i was stoked, let me tell you! so, i spent another two hours in this part of the field, digging every crappy signal i got, and, by the time i had to split, scored two sweet barber quarters, a merc, a buffalo, and some new clad...

cg.11.17.06.jpg

what an amazing hobby...

hh, steve

Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
OMG awesome digs!!! I would say that is one great great day. Certainly surpassing any of my best days.

Congratulations on all of those great finds.

Postalrevnant

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
What is interesting as well, is when someone finds a bunch of coins like this, and it is in an area far enough away from things you wonder how in the heck it got there haha....

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cheffer, it is posts like this that make us just want to grab our detectors and get out looking..... That is such a variety of finds, and great ones at that.

God bless
Peter

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly, what a field! Awesome button, DON'T clean it!!! You will wipe off the little remaining gold plating if you do. War of 1812, was thinking CW, thought I have seen it before, wow! That Spanish Reale is great and in nice condition, another big congrats! HH and hope to see more finds from that great field, Mike

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
holy cow crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome gigs there,, it don't get much better than that... ;D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you in the US? Weird finding the NS thistle! Love the spanish silver!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice! What a nice area!