One final hunt for 2014 yields a lil silver and some relics

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope all you TNetters are having a great holiday season! Got out with my hunting partner today because this spring like weather is tooo good to pass up here in NY!
Went out to a permission that we had where an old farm house had been razed to the ground. Couldn't get into the area close to where the house was (probably good we couldn't since I'm sure its just a huge debris field); so we hunted the adjoining lot that is part of the property that contains a bunch of older trees.
Managed to pop out a 64' Rosie (just love the way silver cleans up!), a bunch of Wheaties (mostly 30s and 40s years), a few shot gun shells, an ornate lock of sorts and an old button with eagle. I took some closer pics of the button and the lock after I cleaned them a little.

Would love to hear from any of you that have more info on the button and on the lock, the farmhouse dated back to the 30s but I think these two items may be older? Enjoy the pics, oh and would also love to here any cleaning tips/tricks that any of you may have for the button. As of now just using a wet rag and toothpick to slowly work out the dirt.

IMG_20141227_125546_042.jpg
IMG_20141227_125600_225.jpg
IMG_20141227_125619_655.jpg
IMG_20141227_130822_346.jpg
IMG_20141227_130835_321.jpg

Thank you for looking. Happy New Year to all and may you find that one item on your bucket list that you really want in 2015!

-TwoYewts

Upvote 7

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the rosie and military button. Looks WW2 era.

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks KS. Yeah I'm thinking WWII as well. Doing some more searching on the lock as well.

Thanks for looking!

-TwoYewts

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The face picture of the button is a bit blurry. From what I can tell it looks very similar to a button I found. If I remember right mine was made by the Scoville Mfg. Co. Waterbury Conn. and it is from WW1, likely from an overcoat. Congrats on the cool finds and Silver and the war relic!

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info Metal. I took a better look and I believe I see some letters on the back of the button, going to try to clean it a little better to see what they say. Hopefully a mfg. name.

Thanks again!
-TwoYewts

OP
OP
TwoYewts

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
**Update**
Was able to clean the back of the button a bit further and it reads The A?? Metal Works Newark N J. Doing a little bit of googling produced hits on a company named The Art Metal Works based in Newark NJ from 1900 to 1930 before it became Ronson Art Metal Works and started to sell cigarette lighters. So the one I found should be WWI era based on the possible date of manufacture. :)

Still haven't found much on the lock though, I'm still searching though! :)

Thanks for looking
-TwoYewts

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Luvin the old car!!! Congrats on the Rosie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions